Thoughts on smoking/vaping ?

More
4 years 4 months ago #345114 by Malicious
Open discussion on smoking of tobacco , cannabis , and vaping . Please don't say mean things or anything rude tho .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345120 by Carlos.Martinez3
Such a huge platform of opportunity to go a lot of different directions.
Personally -
I smoke.
I have a balance. Any one can. It won’t be mine. That’s ok too. I do remember the first time. It hurt. I’ve experience much. Not my thing for some things... but I will say this- today this morning with coffee - I took a smoke break and coughed. I give a lesson to my apprentices here called GIGO. It can apply to anything even our own vices or choices. It’s not a priority for me - May be in the future but I’m an old man and an old soldier so I try to keep fit no matter my age. Fit has a way larger application than words like -fat or skinny. Fitness and health can be different terms we can add to see things differently some times. Just an idea! Force be with ya!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Malicious

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #345121 by
Replied by on topic Thoughts on smoking/vaping ?
Vaping has been shown to be incredibly unhealthy, and even fatal. It can destroy your lungs.
Same with tobacco (obviously).

I never vaped (always thought is wasn't good for you, I mean, the vape juice is mainly based on vegetable glycerin, you might as well be breathing in cooking oil!)
However, I quit cigarettes about a month ago, and I do not regret it! I can take deep breaths again, I don't cough randomly, and all around, I just feel better!

Now pipe tobacco, while not currently smoking it, I do enjoy it, simply for the smell, flavor, and ritual of the thing. It is a very relaxing and sensual experience (unlike cigs, which taste terrible). I may smoke a pipe again in the future.

And as for marijuana... Well smoking anything isn't good for you, however, with this I take an exception (wink wink).

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #345131 by Malicious
Well for me I am old enough to smoke tabacco products but cannabis is still illegal in my state so I can't say anything about it (aka I can't say if I tried it ) . But I do smoke a pipe with premium pipe tabacco and I do enjoy it . I play brass instruments so I do have a large lung capacity and smoking has never decreased it . So as of right now I don't have any side effects of it , but I have been only smoking for two years . Smoking from my pipe is sort of like a daily ritual . As for vaping I know people that have done it for several years and has not had any side effects from it , I tried it a few times and even have my own but I still prefer my pipe .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Malicious.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345133 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Thoughts on smoking/vaping ?
I used to smoke cigarillos and pipe tobacco (and have tried vaping, etc.), but it's incredibly unhealthy. Anecdotally, I also was grouchier if I went to long without smoking. Really inhaling anything in quantity that's not supposed to be in your lungs is unhealthy for you (which includes vaping among other things), and can cause cancer, popcorn lung, and often exacerbates other conditions (similar to alcohol). I get the appeal, but really have to make it clear that it's unhealthy

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #345174 by OB1Shinobi
I know this post is a bit long but please, bear with me. For your convenience, i will break it into pieces and put the pieces into spoilers. I smoked for decades, even though i had childhood asthma and even though i watched my dad die of lung cancer in the summer between ninth and tenth grade. My mother was diagnosed with late stage lung cancer just over a year ago and I'm glad to say that shes made it this far (it happened so much more quickly with my father) but well, its not good. Im not going to harp on the specifics.

I quit smoking about five years ago and i made it a policy not to lecture (or even talk to) smokers about it. I don't want to be that guy who lords it over everyone that he quit. Im typing this out because a young Jedi specifically asked for feedback on a topic that has had a significant impact on my life (though, not quite as significant as the impact its had on my mother and father’s lives).

Why Kids Want to Smoke
Warning: Spoiler!

Adults Who Smoke

Quitting Smoking

So that is my essay on why people smoke even though everyone knows its bad for us.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym, Kobos, Rex

More
4 years 4 months ago #345178 by Malicious
Thank you for sharing your wisdom on the matter . I'm sorry to hear about your early loss of your father and hopefully your mother gets better . My grandma just a few weeks ago had colon cancer removed and she is doing better now , she is about to start chemo pills just to make sure it doesn't happen again . I know fully the consequences of smoking , I only do it about twice a day when I wake up and before I go to bed . I try not to do it to often . When I decide to quit I will look back on your passage and it will give me the inspiration to quit . So again thank you .
Mtfbwy .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #345180 by OB1Shinobi

Malicious wrote: Thank you for sharing your wisdom on the matter . I'm sorry to hear about your early loss of your father and hopefully your mother gets better . My grandma just a few weeks ago had colon cancer removed and she is doing better now , she is about to start chemo pills just to make sure it doesn't happen again . I know fully the consequences of smoking , I only do it about twice a day when I wake up and before I go to bed . I try not to do it to often . When I decide to quit I will look back on your passage and it will give me the inspiration to quit . So again thank you .
Mtfbwy .

Thank you, and wishes for your grandmother. I may post again here to address the other topics (marijuana and vaping) but the cigarette post was long enough as it was.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
4 years 4 months ago #345181 by Malicious
Don't worry about how long or short you write what is important is the message , I know that I created this but you have free range of motion to post what ever you like , personally I like reading other peoples opinions on this matter . Write as much as you like or can if you want .
And thanks for the thoughts on my grandma . She is tough and will pull through this , she actually started walking the next day after the surgery and the doctors was amazed at how quickly she recovered .
Mtfbwy .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Rex

More
4 years 4 months ago #345182 by OB1Shinobi
She sounds like a fighter. If anyone can beat colon cancer, its a fighter. Out of curiosity, do you play sports or do any martial arts?

People are complicated.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi