Do you believe in levels of consciousness?

More
01 Nov 2019 06:35 #345069 by Brick

Fyxe wrote: Actually gisteron my world is flat and the sun rotates around the disk, sun never sets, just gets far far away.


Least surprising thing I've ever heard

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2019 08:27 - 01 Nov 2019 09:46 #345071 by Gisteron

Fyxe wrote: I'm glad you said you agreed with me!

Except, of course, I never said that. But it's okay. I understand now. You can't help it. You are so trapped in your own artificial absolute strictly black and white dichotomies that if I call someone son of a Jones they are automatically daughter of a Smith to you. If someone is only illuminated from one side, they are half dead to you. You cannot help but lie about what others say and about what you say, because you put no thought to either thing. And why would you? You have long figured it all out. It's all sharp and crystal clear to you. There is only lovers and enemies in your view. No friends, no opponents, no colleagues, no brothers. You only see eternal life or eternal demise. Nothing is bounded in your world, nothing moderated, nothing finite, for finitude itself is death.

Last edit: 01 Nov 2019 09:46 by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elizabeth, Rex, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2019 14:44 #345083 by Fyxe
do you believe i believe its true Brick?

gist you just said in your last comment that I was arguing as if I'm disagreeing with you. Is you are not disagreeing with me arent you agreeing with me? seems funny that your fight me so hard and even call me a liar but you dont disagree with me.

What is you guys problem here? instead of having a good discussion you just come in here to mock me. :( :( :( :(
My mother said if not saying anyhting nice is a thing you can do then better to just shutup. when im a jedi I will be better than you guys.

Where ever you go, there you are. Make the best of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2019 15:12 #345085 by Brick

Fyxe wrote: do you believe i believe its true Brick?

I honestly don't know.

Fyxe wrote: What is you guys problem here? instead of having a good discussion you just come in here to mock me. :( :( :( :(

My intention has never to been to mock you. Initially it was to discuss ideas, then to try and educate you on fundamental facts. Neither of which I was particularly successful at. I became frustrated with myself for my apparent inability to communicate/engage with you, and this ultimately culminated in my last post which was rather dismissive. Please believe me when I say that it was more to do with my issues with myself than with you.

Fyxe wrote: When im a jedi I will be better than you guys.

I sincerely hope you are. Though, if I may offer advise, please compare yourself less to how others are and more to how you were. By this I mean, as the quote in my signature states 'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'.

You are too new to remember Senan, but those words were his. I have a habit of fixating on arguments with people until I can convince them of my way of thinking, and he would often PM me reminding me that we're all different and that it is possible for me to exist in a world with people who don't and won't agree with me. Since his passing I am seldom reminded of that fact (though Kobos does his best through the example he sets me). I keep Senan's words there to remind me that I can and should be better than I am/was. And even as I typed that last post I knew I was letting him down. So I'm sorry Fyxe, and I hope you can forgive me.

My Master Alexandre Orion, often talks of that which is 'rigid' (cold, hard, fact and provable beyond all reasonable doubt - rationality), and that which is 'gooey' (which has to be felt out and thought out - irrationality). I think I am too 'rigid', and you too 'gooey' for us to ever see eye to eye. But that's OK, as neither one of us actually has to convince the other that we're right in order for us to happily cohabit this Temple.

I will continue to vehemently disagree with what you say in these threads, but I'll endeavour to be less of a dick about it. I hope that's OK?

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Rex, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2019 15:47 #345087 by Gisteron

Fyxe wrote: Is [sic] you are not disagreeing with me arent you agreeing with me?

No, not necessarily. That's my point. To you, if someone is not with you, they are against you. If someone is not against you, they must therefore be with you. It's either black or it's white, it can't be anything inbetween or anything on an altogether different axis. I did not even say that I wasn't disagreeing with you, but you presumped it into the part you quote, because you just don't know how to English. I said that you were arguing with me as if I had been disagreeing, when really I was pointing out how strictly black and white and void of nuance your treatment of things is. But you cannot see what people say, and that's why you keep lying about it. Imagine my shock then, at how upon my reminding you that I was merely pointing out how you only deal in absolutes, you come back at me with yet more of the same sort of absolutes!


What is you guys problem here? instead of having a good discussion you just come in here to mock me.

Cry me a river, dude. You come in, declaring what True JediismTM is, who has any business attending this Temple and who doesn't, try to lecture everyone else about the Force and the nature of the universe, meanwhile show zero humility, zero reading comprehension, zero charity and zero patience. Just what were you expecting?


when im a jedi I will be better than you guys.

Yea what a nice thing to say in place of nothing. I see you have taken your mother's advice to heart. Perhaps, indeed, one day you will be a Jedi, and a better one than any of us lot. For now, in my humble opinion, much to learn you still have. Best of luck on your journey.

The following user(s) said Thank You: elizabeth, OB1Shinobi, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2019 17:08 - 01 Nov 2019 17:10 #345091 by Fyxe
Thank you Brick, the comments are appreciated and I never said anyone cant dissagree, thats what a discussion is after all. but if you disagree I want to know why, I could care less if its the least surprising thing you have ever heard, thats just mean and hoity toity and doesnt do anyhting but hurt my feelings. If you think my world is flat, ask me why I think that... or show my why its not (I dont, so you dont have to do that :P )

Gisteron, I think you need to get a rating system installed in your posts then. How about this...

strongly disagree :angry: - disagree :huh: - no comment :whistle: - agree :) - strongly agree :cheer:


Thats how little kids rate things. I think it will work for yhou because you cant seem to talk like an adult anyway. you are the only one puting words in others mouths. I never said any of the stuff you keep telling me I said and its clear that you did say you did not disagree with me in this very thread. so im not the capt insano one . I asked a question here! no demanding, or dictating anything, yhou aske me to clairify my question and I ... believe it or not!! oh my!! actually did that for you . and your reply was to tell me to piss off... who are you that you get to act like that to me??? teh king of england or something?

Where ever you go, there you are. Make the best of it.
Last edit: 01 Nov 2019 17:10 by Fyxe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2019 18:16 - 01 Nov 2019 18:17 #345093 by Gisteron

Fyxe wrote: its [sic] clear that you did say you did not disagree with me in this very thread.

No, I didn't.


I asked a question here! no demanding, or dictating anything,...

And noone accused you of either demanding or dictating anything, so I don't know what that's all about.


yhou [sic] aske [sic] me to clairify [sic]my question and I ... believe it or not!! oh my!! actually did that for you .

After several pages worth of faffing about, eventually, yes. Not before replacing one mystery with another, pretending like it's obvious, like it is reasonable to expect everyone to believe it, trying to move it to yet another debate about the Force, ask why anyone is here who doesn't believe in what ever unspecified thing you expect people who come to a place like this would... But yes, eventually, after Omhu compiled a list of the levels he thought you might possibly mean - setting aside that, as he prefaced, they aren't exactly very clear or precise definitions even then - that's when you got to the actual topic of your own raising, but not before telling off "haters" in that same post, too.

Thanks, I guess, for being such a charitable, honest, and generous interlocutor.


and your reply was to tell me to piss off...

Nope, that's another lie. I did not reply to your clarification at all, actually. The next time I posted a message was one and a half pages later, and it was a comment about that light vs darkness false dichotomy of yours that you were arguing with OB1 over. I say arguing, but of course it was more of that "doesn't it seem obvious?" sort of appeal rather than any kind of thought-out argument.

The only time I told you to off was when you were whining about people being "mean" to you, when condescend and lecture is easily a third of all you do here.

It is very easy to check who said what to whom, when, and in reply to what else, because all of it is on record. You are not doing yourself any favours by misrepresenting the history of the thread or the communiques of individual posters.

Last edit: 01 Nov 2019 18:17 by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elizabeth, Brick, Rex, Kelrax Lorcken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick