• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343138 by
Replied by on topic What is the force?

Brick wrote:

Kazat0 wrote:

Rex wrote: How do you come up with that number?

excuse me? did you not read the obvious "this is just an estimation and not accurate it is just a guideline" part??

Even so, how did you come up with that estimate? You must still have based it on something

here's a post similar to his https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/life-unbounded/this-is-what-we-done28099t-know-about-the-universe/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343141 by
Gosh darn it, I love you guys.

More
4 years 7 months ago #343143 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic What is the force?

Kazat0 wrote: here's a post similar to his https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/life-unbounded/this-is-what-we-done28099t-know-about-the-universe/

It's similar in that it lists a few things its authors think are poorly understood or entirely unknown. However, it doesn't pretend to state how much the unknown is as a fraction of the knowable, nor does it put any number to it - not "even" an approximate one - like you did, nor does it connect our knowledge base to our power consumption as if we have any estimates about how those relate.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #343154 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic What is the force?

Kazat0 wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: What is the Force.
So....
We can all admit we live in the real world not the Cinema. Definitions from the movie or from cannon and such aren’t wrong but in the real world - what is the Force? Off line. Not on the internet.
In the real world of bills- tv. - radio -internet - radio internet- instant updates of live internet info around the world ...excuse my slang but dude ... where’s the Force?! Where’s the real? I think we can safely say that in this place - if we believe and practice all have value - the Force can be pretty much any level of higher way thinking / idea- written word - faith - practice- and before you say it : what each of us brings to the Temple is our Force. ( and the Force of others ) What we CAN share are ways and paths ideas tried and some failed. We can’t define the Force for others. That’s silly. The place we all come from - our home - our practices - they are all different. The Force is called by many names- this we often agree on. The Force can be love - hate - will- fear - it can be emotion it can be character and it can be one or a mix of things. To ask - what’s the Force to me is like always asking - what’s the Force to you? What do you call the Force? That - would be your own beautiful rendition of what you have. Mine would be mine. So many times it’s easy to start arguing or say - who gets credit or where it goes for things ...

Attachment 682BFB4B-FD5D-4953-8A9B-2093C962D39F.gif not found

But in the end - the Force in real life’s is what drives us and moves us and helps us. . . What ever you were taught that was depends on your location and availability.
It’s those connections that bind us - that we make intentionally or unintentionally or have. It’s all the above and then some.
Don’t get me wrong - I’m not saying it’s everything and cop out and make no choice- ... nope ... saying everything like that means also you gotta have a everything balance or ... be one sided or out of balance.
The more I learn about others expands my definition of the Force and helps it to grow in my own practice. The more my Force grows - the more I can give. Different forms of kindness - wisdom- love - fear- come from a seek like this. That’s where I’m at. Seeking the Force for me is a good thing. Cultivating it results in different types of character rather than others . Different duck- don’t expect a bull to taste like trout if it’s cut in the shape of a fish.

so then the force is some subjective pick and choose nonsense that has no real grounding thus you don't even know that you don't even know what you're believing in.

The idea of self responsibility is a hard pill and gig- flat out. I can choose my own decisions and in life - there a paradox of choice that can and may dwell. To many not enough and at the end - no choice is made or regret from choosing. Regardless of the fact that we can choose every day to wake up and punch ourselves in the face if we choose doesn’t make it one I recommend... unless your into that type of thing- then that’s to you and happy seeking. It’s hard because so many freedoms are given when ya think about what the Jedi faith can be some times... from this old fool - I wouldn’t want to live any other way. My choice. But I make choices. Some do - some don’t. One of the ideas of the Force is to grow. It grows with or without me. With or without us the Force still dwells those connections those ideas and all of the in between. These ideas are not for no questions but in reality to ask questions. What is the Force ? Modern day Jedi ism allows you to define it for yourself or not. The best part is in my faith my definition and your definition exist together - never in competition. The competition is usually the aspect that gets in the way some times. When people act without competition of credit or faith - that’s where the Force dwells. Places like that where your choices are valid and just as valid as mine. Just a observation in my practice .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #343161 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic What is the force?
Think of it like this -
Library card is to library as Jedism is to life : it’s up to you what you seek - we just kinna give ya a flavor or two to add on your already existing meal and or desert. Lol . There’s a lot out there. A lot of ideas work. Some work well with others - some don’t. Some ideas are tried and true some are not even in our own comfort zone. With so many yes ‘s - it can be easy sometimes to focus on the no’s rather than the yes - you coulds - and ya you cans. I’ll down a yes-I-can or two any day. Got a few in the fridge for those who ever need em too! We can slam a good old fashion “yes I can” or two if any one ever needs it ! Lol . Just send me word! Ever had a tall glass of “yes I can”? It’s refreshing! Need one call me ! Smiley face !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #343170 by

CaesarEJW wrote: I give up.
I feel even if I did properly explain myself, it would be useless.... Not to mention I'm going through a really low point in my life, and I was hoping this place would be a friendly environment where we could talk constructively about stuff instead of being all mentally combative....

I don't think your posts here are useless, Caesar. I think they are visionary and stirring. That their content has been challenged by someone whose mindset seems more literal and concrete than your own - someone whose viewpoint I also find valuable and thought-provoking - does not diminish what you have shared.

I stand in awe of the vastness of the universe in which we live. But I forget sometimes, during the daily concerns about work, bills, and the messy parts of my home, that it actually is so awe-inspiring. We - some of us, anyway - need words like those you've shared as a reminder.

Another point about being useful: I've recently been contemplating leaving the Temple. Your openness here has convinced me to stay. That strikes at the very heart of making a difference.

Whatever else is going on in your life, I genuinely hope it gets better. I agree with others here who dispute your self-assessment of being pathetic. I see you as insightful, vulnerable, friendly, and remarkably open, and there are few better things to be said about someone's expression of humanity.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi