Projections

More
4 years 6 months ago #341562 by Carlos.Martinez3
Projections was created by Carlos.Martinez3
Projections are every where. Reflections in the pool are said to points of enlightenment and even change yet ... it’s just us. Or is it ? When we learn something for ourselves ... what we see is that - what we have learned... for ourselves. Ever feel like why can’t others see it too? Do we project our own “knowledge” and call it universal or specific or even nothing at all? What do you all think? If we defend something - are we projecting ? Isn’t that how we share ? Is there a way to better project or even present what we know and still leave room for grow or - we red saber it ? Hack away? Do other people’s projections hurt ? Why ? Just wondering ...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #341723 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic Projections
If I follow what you're asking, projections are not something I worry about. BE YOU..... and that's all. When you finally become who you are, the first thing you realize is that there is nothing to fear.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 6 months ago #341734 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Projections
I think we can't help it. We only have so much to work with, right? I understand my view is limited so I just strive to improve the view.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick,

More
4 years 6 months ago #341751 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Projections
Same here Rugad - I don’t think it’s as “automatic” as I would like to claim but for me - here lately in my older moments in life - what and how I say it are just as important if not more than what is said some times. Presentation is everything some times.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Kobos, Brick

More
4 years 6 months ago #341760 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Projections
Luciana once mentioned, in a different site:

"The more you become self-aware, the more you learn to recognize the "you" you are seeing in another".

I think it is quite apt.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos,

More
4 years 6 months ago #341773 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Projections

Manu wrote: Luciana once mentioned, in a different site:

"The more you become self-aware, the more you learn to recognize the "you" you are seeing in another".

I think it is quite apt.

Thank u

Isn’t that the case a lot though. I and my little brother do it a lot in our speech. I do. Example : gravity sucks- truth -I have found every instance where gravity floors me to suck. Small adjustments like that can help lol .
How can we practice to get over or through or even change that? I know I’m working on it daily.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #341849 by
Replied by on topic Projections

_Vergere_ wrote: If I follow what you're asking, projections are not something I worry about. BE YOU..... and that's all. When you finally become who you are, the first thing you realize is that there is nothing to fear.

Well said. Fear is merely separation from the Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #341942 by

Arinme wrote:

_Vergere_ wrote: If I follow what you're asking, projections are not something I worry about. BE YOU..... and that's all. When you finally become who you are, the first thing you realize is that there is nothing to fear.

I have a theory about these ideas. Just a theory - unproven, speculative, but whenever I contemplate it something in my soul is stirred.

In general, we tend to express, or project, a version of ourselves that we believe approximates an ideal called "normal". That projection is not a mask that thoroughly obstructs our real identities; part of us always shows through, more for some people than others. However, it's a distortion we willing adopt in order to attain social acceptance, and avoid an intolerable amount of turbulence in our lives.

Yet, the authentic self of each of us is nowhere near a normal ideal. We are each full of quirks, aberrations, sparks of genius, shadows of terror, and protected realms of intense vulnerability. Our real identity is something magical and spectacular - but also relatively defenseless against the onslaught of the world's judgement if exposed.

Our secret, hidden self, with all its wonder and darkness, is constantly striving for expression. The more public layer of ourselves, more rooted in survival and comfort, works diligently to insure that such exposure only happens to the extent it is safe. So, our most authentic core is constantly hidden and perhaps frustrated, due to fear.

I like to think that the closure of our separation from the Force resolves that dilemma, guiding us to become one of those fortunate people who fully express their true natures in a way that still preserves their viability in 3D human existence. I hope that's the case.

What do you think?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #341943 by

Omhu Cuspor wrote:

Arinme wrote:

I have a theory about these ideas. Just a theory - unproven, speculative, but whenever I contemplate it something in my soul is stirred.

In general, we tend to express, or project, a version of ourselves that we believe approximates an ideal called "normal". That projection is not a mask that thoroughly obstructs our real identities; part of us always shows through, more for some people than others. However, it's a distortion we willing adopt in order to attain social acceptance, and avoid an intolerable amount of turbulence in our lives.

Yet, the authentic self of each of us is nowhere near a normal ideal. We are each full of quirks, aberrations, sparks of genius, shadows of terror, and protected realms of intense vulnerability. Our real identity is something magical and spectacular - but also relatively defenseless against the onslaught of the world's judgement if exposed.

Our secret, hidden self, with all its wonder and darkness, is constantly striving for expression. The more public layer of ourselves, more rooted in survival and comfort, works diligently to insure that such exposure only happens to the extent it is safe. So, our most authentic core is constantly hidden and perhaps frustrated, due to fear.

I like to think that the closure of our separation from the Force resolves that dilemma, guiding us to become one of those fortunate people who fully express their true natures in a way that still preserves their viability in 3D human existence. I hope that's the case.

What do you think?

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THIS WORKS.

I strongly believe we need to make TotJO as safe as possible for this reason. To foster expression of the true self, in a trusted environment, where we can all learn and grow as human beings.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #341945 by

Arinme wrote:

Omhu Cuspor wrote:

Arinme wrote:

What do you think?

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THIS WORKS.

I strongly believe we need to make TotJO as safe as possible for this reason. To foster expression of the true self, in a trusted environment, where we can all learn and grow as human beings.

Safe for who? Who gets to express their true self freely here and who doesn't? Think carefully because some WILL be excluded from your safe space utopia.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi