The Force: Mystical and Scientific?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336451 by
So I am one who ironicly needs confirmation in science for me to beleive in any religion. Just off the mainstream path of popular quantum physics are the pieces of fact put to theory that theoraticaly confirm the existance of things like other dimensions, gods, magic, and and energy that resembles The Force.
I cannot say with quotation or any specifics about any of this because its been so long since I have researched ant of this and alot has gone on in my life that ive pushed it to the back if my mind. I have, however written some general articles about theories I have came up with about such topics. I am not finnished with the while set but in conclusion, I will say that "Gods, magic, demons, angels, the soul, and 'physical consciousness' all exist, but the energy I will refer to as The Force is what it all comes from and is where the universe and everything began. (I.e. The Force caused the Big Bang to occure and everytbing happen the calculated way it did)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #336453 by
I'm confused.
The title phrases the subject as a question, but the content reads more as a statement, a comment, really.
Is it your intention to engage discussion on Jediist perception of the Force (mystical, decidedly religious) compared with established, accepted science?
Or are you interested in other people's thoughts and opinions?
I apologize if I come off as interrogative, I just want a better idea of how to appropriately reply to the thread, or if I'm even meant to.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by .

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #336454 by Gisteron

TvonEisan wrote: Just off the mainstream path of popular quantum physics are the pieces of fact put to theory that theoraticaly [sic] confirm the existance of things like other dimensions, gods, magic, and and [sic] energy that resembles The Force.

Since you say in the very next passage that you do not at current have citations on hand, I shan't press you on any. While I do not understand what people mean when they speak of "other" dimensions (other than what?), if what you mean by gods and magic is anything like those terms' respective colloquial usages, then no, neither popular nor fringe interpretations or developments of quantum physics confirm in either theory or in experiment anything of the sort. Whether the same can be said of the Force, too, depends on what you mean by it, though seeing as there is difficulty establishing a standard definition of it in or outside the fiction, I shall suspend judgement until a working one for the purposes of this discussion is proposed.

I am not finnished [sic] with the while [sic] set [of theories] but in conclusion, I will say that "Gods, magic, demons, angels, the soul, and 'physical consciousness' all exist, but the energy I will refer to as The Force is what it all comes from and is where the universe and everything began. (I.e. The Force caused the Big Bang to occure [sic] and everytbing [sic] happen the calculated way it did [sic])

Say, have you gotten those articles published yet? I'd be interested to read the observations your theories predict and what review process they underwent since their initial proposition. Also, what do you mean by "exist" here? Seeing as these things cannot be evading our detection whilst having any significance for our lives, what kind of influence do your theories predict them to have and how do you reckon we would go about conducting the test? Also, what "calculated way it did" do you mean? Surely it cannot be any kind of deterministic way without suggesting some kind of superdeterminism, a predestination that would have the universe look non-deterministic without being so. I'm not sure what kind of test could be performed to confirm or deny such a model either...
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing your "while set". If you are as scientifically minded as you say in the beginning of your post, then for someone like me it is sure to make for an interesting read indeed.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Gisteron.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336455 by
Sorry. Yeah, its a discussion over Jediist view versus science but also if the scientific view is what individuals who are Jedi view the force as.

I had full intention of saying that but I got cought up rambling.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336456 by
I think it was a question, Is the force mystical and scientifically provable? And then the content of the post put his opinion on the question that the force is adjacent to scientific ideas and his reasons why he believed that.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336458 by
I will read replys and answer stuff later but I can answer right now that had everything from the big bang traveled even something like .01 kilometers faster, nothing could form and if it had been slower, gravity would pull everything back in.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #336459 by Gisteron
Ignoring that kilometer is not a unit of fastness, that (i.e. the real margins) would only be impressive if there was any indication that things could have been some other way. As it stands, we don't know that. We know that this is the universe we have now and are stuck with. There is neither need nor reason to suppose that any other is possible in principle, let alone practice. This is not to say that there couldn't be, or that there was no other way things could have gone, but the weight of this argument does depend upon it so until we have investigated this to say one way or another, there is no way to judge its merits.
In the mean time, of course, if we were to find that indeed the universe could have been some other way and that with or without reason it just so happened to proceed in that sweet spot that allowed for its development into what it is today, just what would we infer from that anyway? Would we not still be stuck with at best a remarkable convergence of affairs we wouldn't quite know how to explain? I don't see how that ignorance would warrant us to pretend to not have any, and that instead we really did know why it went the way it did.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Gisteron.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336460 by
I typed fast and I remember it was kilo something.
I'm at work so cant say or do much right now.

I will find what I read and watched later and talk about this then.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #336462 by Adder
One travels a kilometer faster by going quicker :silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336472 by
Actually, would. Any you guys want to do a podcast like Friday around 8:00? (American/Denver time, as this website calls it)

I think this is a topic better discussed in person.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi