Epictetus' Enchiridion

More
5 years 2 months ago #333664 by Rosalyn J
Have you read or listened to this work? I've been thinking about it today and I'd like to have a discussion on it. For those of you who haven't heard or read this work, here are some links to audio and text:

Audio: https://youtu.be/dBwH2iYC-8c
Text: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/45109/45109-h/45109-h.htm

For those of you who may have read or listened to it what were some of the more impactful portions?

Do you find yourself going back to it/recalling certain sections?

Are there any things that Epictetus brings forward that you disagree with?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #333745 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Epictetus' Enchiridion
I dont have time right now but i wanted to mention that Epictetus is possibly my favorite pholilosopher and definitely my favorite Stoic. I am too busy atm but yea i will come back here and comment when i can.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Kobos

More
5 years 2 months ago #333756 by Lykeios Little Raven
Epictetos is one of my favorites as well! Haven't read all of the Enchiridion, but I read his Discourses, which is also great.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi