Ways to experience an alien invasion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335700 by
Well my comment on ancestry.com was facetious but none the less the video goes on to claim that there are over a million of these starseeds on our planet in addition to a next evolution of mankind called a Homo Noeticus, a new breed of humans that have psionic and "multidimensional" powers. Talk about X-Men! They are apparently coming man!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335744 by
To answer some details of your questions, i identify as a Starseed based on past life memories, and a few thusfar minor meta-abilities, so, while this body may be (mostly?) earth human, i insofar as an individual, don't really identify as an erth human.

To put it into pop culture parlance, it is a combination of Jupiter Ascending, and james cameron's Avatar, but somewhat reversed, and a splash of this or that other sci-fi element, as needed ..... and not nearly so jam-packed with action, somewhat unfortunately. It is very ambient, and interspersed.

This Outsider conception of [Me] is further supported by the fact(?) that i regularly astral project 'starside' to a ship, and into an avatar body of the appearance of my former galactic self, to then awaken and participate in, whatever helpful way i can. (Sadly, the dynamic nature of my sleeping habits makes efforts at a given task, Difficult).There has also been a time or two when i have physically (and voluntarily) gone aboard a ship that has come down to earth.

The primary difference between 'Abductees' and 'Contactees', is that the contactee is awake during the encounter, and, however unlikely they would say no, still has a valid and respected choice to Not go with said galactic people. Abductees, conversely, have no choice, and are forcibly sedated and taken.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by .

More
5 years 1 month ago #335745 by Gisteron
Have you spoken to a trained and licensed mental health professional about this before? I am not qualified to diagnose your condition, or whether you are being sincere at all, but if you are, I do suspect that you may be in dire need of medical attention. This does not sound healthy in the best case, and in the worst it might be positively dangerous to yourself and those around you. Please, try and find help.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
5 years 1 month ago #335755 by Rex
As much as I'd love to think some people are a different species, it's just silly larping wish fulfilment.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335758 by Adder
Better to view things as finding solutions rather then fixing problems IMO (the focus is more towards building future then analyzing past), so if one has a regular, routine and controllable experience then its a great chance to explore new boundaries with objective reality! What can experiences like that bring back to this rocky place!?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335771 by

Adder wrote: Better to view things as finding solutions rather then fixing problems IMO (the focus is more towards building future then analyzing past), so if one has a regular, routine and controllable experience then its a great chance to explore new boundaries with objective reality! What can experiences like that bring back to this rocky place!?

I for one really have no idea what you are trying to say here? Are you analyzing the OP or the recent posts? Isn't finding solutions just another way to say fixing problems? Those terms are interchangeable so how do you find them as contrasting? Building the future of what? How do you analyze past alien invasions? Do you have some special knowledge of the past that is not a part of general historical record? What rocky place? Do you mean this planet? Can you do a better job of explaining these concepts?

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335780 by Adder

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Adder wrote: Better to view things as finding solutions rather then fixing problems IMO (the focus is more towards building future then analyzing past), so if one has a regular, routine and controllable experience then its a great chance to explore new boundaries with objective reality! What can experiences like that bring back to this rocky place!?

I for one really have no idea what you are trying to say here? Are you analyzing the OP or the recent posts? Isn't finding solutions just another way to say fixing problems? Those terms are interchangeable so how do you find them as contrasting? Building the future of what? How do you analyze past alien invasions? Do you have some special knowledge of the past that is not a part of general historical record? What rocky place? Do you mean this planet? Can you do a better job of explaining these concepts?

It's about 'how' things can be done. For most people (seemingly) it's too easy to just ignore doing things differently, and so what seems to happen is most people just pretend to know the fastest or best way, usually as taught, or previously handled. Doing the same thing and expecting different results means one is either stupid, or doesn't want different results because they are looking for your echo chamber concept. Or of course they just haven't realized how powerful the mind can be when it explores things in different types of focus.

As doing it those normal ways tends to lead to supporting subjective bias and other errors in critical thinking. So when when facing difference it's even more important to approach things from different paradigms, to allow more information to be explored and analyzed so that everyone can both learn more about it but also perhaps better decide an updated opinion on it - rather then just re-wearing the same worn suit. That does go back to the other thread as well, about what 'focus' represents.

So to the OP I think the focus should not be on our fear of losing our past, but our hope for building a better future.... while of course at all times being pragmatic and clear on who we are. The movie 'Arrival' is kewl about this topic.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Adder.

More
5 years 1 month ago #335784 by Gisteron

Adder wrote: ... As doing it those normal ways tends to lead to supporting subjective bias and other errors in critical thinking. So when when facing difference it's even more important to approach things from different paradigms, to allow more information to be explored and analyzed so that everyone can both learn more about it but also perhaps better decide an updated opinion on it - rather then just re-wearing the same worn suit. That does go back to the other thread as well, about what 'focus' represents. (emphasis added)

For convenience I have highlighted the subject you are talking about, vaguely referred to by just "it". I'm having difficulty to find amidst this all the thing that you are actually talking about. It is not entirely clear to me that you are talking about anything at all, really. Are you?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335785 by

Adder wrote: It's about 'how' things can be done. For most people (seemingly) it's too easy to just ignore doing things differently, and so what seems to happen is most people just pretend to know the fastest or best way, usually as taught, or previously handled. Doing the same thing and expecting different results means one is either stupid, or doesn't want different results because they are looking for your echo chamber concept. Or of course they just haven't realized how powerful the mind can be when it explores things in different types of focus.

As doing it those normal ways tends to lead to supporting subjective bias and other errors in critical thinking.

So exactly what are these different processes on how things can be done and how do they differ from what you call normal ways? What are these normal ways and how are they insufficient and thus the cause of bias?

I dont think any effective process also requires speed. And even if a side effect of the best process also produces speed why would we ever strive for a less effective or process proven to produce ineffective results?

This idea you have seems to only want to produce justifications for the use of logical fallacy in an attempt to discredit highly capable processes that expose your inability to accept the truth of a matter. You want to believe something so badly that you throw all this long worded justification around in an attempt to convince others and yourself that your faulty conclusions actually have merit if we can just accept your faulty premise. A premise that you are trying to describe as being unfairly judged so because of that it should be accepted. But Logic does not work this way and what you are actually creating are just strawmans.

More
5 years 1 month ago #335786 by Adder

Gisteron wrote:

Adder wrote: ... As doing it those normal ways tends to lead to supporting subjective bias and other errors in critical thinking. So when when facing difference it's even more important to approach things from different paradigms, to allow more information to be explored and analyzed so that everyone can both learn more about it but also perhaps better decide an updated opinion on it - rather then just re-wearing the same worn suit. That does go back to the other thread as well, about what 'focus' represents. (emphasis added)

For convenience I have highlighted the subject you are talking about, vaguely referred to by just "it". I'm having difficulty to find amidst this all the thing that you are actually talking about. It is not entirely clear to me that you are talking about anything at all, really. Are you?

To me the prior parts of the post indicate the 'it' you highlite, namely exploring and understanding concepts and ideas, ie communication. Versus compulsion to reiterate ones position by approaching everything from the same paradigm. It's the interplay between critical thinking and imaginative thinking under the auspices of exploration, with the purpose being to shape growth of self and others. It's part of how I see the Jedi path. How do you see the Jedi path in relation to this topic?

For one of the problems of being stuck in a narrow mindset is that one tends to only see that which appears relevant to their mindset, and cannot understand difference... inevitably even making their existence centered around a root of fear in being wrong or misunderstood. I think that is where compulsion becomes obsessive compulsion, and its a problem because they don't know its a problem. For after all, the definition of mental health is a more about effective functioning then meeting social norms or beliefs - and its those problems which are hidden which cause the most damage because they need to make a big impact before they wake up to it if they are a sociopath, or so big that society stops them if they are a psychopath. Meanwhile the rest of everyone else is probably not making a dent enough for it to be anything more then a chain around their own necks ie holding back their own progress.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi