The War of Light and Dark

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327713 by
Replied by on topic The War of Light and Dark
An Allegory (Emotion)

A man traveled down a mountain path and came to a farm. On the porch were a farmer and his dog. The man walked up to the porch to talk to the farmer. The dog looked up from his slumber, then looked to his master and then went back to sleep.

“That is a quiet dog,” said the man. The farmer smiled as he looked at the dog.

“Yes. I have had him from a puppy. He is well trained.”

After a short visit and a refill of his stores, the man continued on his journey through the mountains. Deep in the wilderness he heard a wolf howl. Concerned he headed to a small wisp of smoke he saw rising from the trees ahead. There he found a camp with a man of the mountain sleeping by a fire. Resting her head on his lap was a wolf.

The wolf raised her head and stared at the visitor, glaring at him as he approached. The Mountain Man’s hand slid from where it rested on the wolf’s rump slowly up to her ears where he rubbed them, calming her without opening his eyes.

“That is a well trained dog,” said the man.

The mountain man answered without opening his eyes. “She is a wolf, and she ain’t trained.”

“Didn’t she obey you when you told her to calm?” asked the man astonished.

“Obey? No,” the Mountain Man chuckled at the thought. “She’s wild … but she can be agreeable if you know how to ask.”

(8-29-09)

~ Miles-Sith Lord

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327747 by
I feel the message is not about feeding one over the other, rather that at times both do eat. The traits you focus on is feeding them to a point they win and you lose yourself in that trait and are dominated by that "wolf"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327764 by
I've always seen the two wolves as the higher and lower selves. Forms of our ego. As in one is us getting closer to The Force (Spirit/Light/Father/etc.) and the other is us getting further away. Almost as if someone could separate themselves from The Force in a way.

But it looks like my understanding of Light and Dark is different than most. I've always understood the two as opposed to each other, perpetually.. Light, the creative force and Dark, the cause of entropy. Not that Darkness IS and thereby creating a true duality.. but that it IS NOT but is and gives the illusion of duality. Something that exists as a space outside of The Force. In Creation, the Light and Dark sort of mingle in this space..

However, that's something entirely different than the dynamic between positive and negative, male and female, birth and rebirth, passive and active, all those things. To me they're two sides of the same coin. You don't have to be void of passion to be in the Light. Fire and Water exist from the same elemental energy in nature. It takes both passion and patience. The passion to commit, the patience to know when..

Instead of being opposed to one another like Light and Dark. The Active and Passive forces in our world are from the same source and so complement each other..

The Dark IS Death. The absence of Life, which is The Force from my P.O.V.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi