365 Tao

More
18 May 2018 09:48 #321763 by Rickie
Rickie created the topic: 365 Tao
365 Tao by Deng by Deng Ming-Dao. Has anyone read this? I read and reflect on a few pages almost every day.

Peace, kindness, compassion, tolerance, truth, knowledge, strength of mind, body and spirit are not always companions of mine but are always pursued.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2018 11:46 #321764 by 35539
35539 replied the topic: 365 Tao
I haven't read that one, but I've read several of his other books. Everyday Tao was my introduction to that philosophy and was very enlightening. Scholar Warrior was interesting, if a little too restricting in the practices it preached, yet more realistic in terms of modern Taoism. Chronicles of Tao was a fascinating journey through the life of a Taoist practitioner. It's full of fantastical stories.

I highly recommend all three of those books.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rickie

More
18 May 2018 11:53 - 18 May 2018 11:56 #321766 by Rosalyn J
Rosalyn J replied the topic: 365 Tao
I picked up 365 Tao to read. Today's reading was on Scholasticism

Pastor, Temple of the Jedi Order
Teaching Maitre: Alexandre Orion
How Am I Doing , My Commitment
Kyber,Freja Saol-Wasser, Tobias Giesel,and Jhannuzs
Last Edit: 18 May 2018 11:56 by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rickie

More
18 May 2018 18:23 #321774 by Rickie
Rickie replied the topic: 365 Tao
I read Everyday Tao first, I read it 3Xs, the same way, a little every day with reflective thought. I may check out the other books but will reread 365 sever times slowly first. Some may think reading more different books is best but when I have something real good in my hands I feed my mind with it until I tire of the book.

I find a lot of what I get out of this book helps me better understand a the crap that goes on in the world and also helps me introspectively examine myself. It's been a good guide.

What do you kids think about the book? What does it do for you all?

Peace, kindness, compassion, tolerance, truth, knowledge, strength of mind, body and spirit are not always companions of mine but are always pursued.