SABERFORGE SCREWED UP MY SABER

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321093 by
I AM SO MAD SABER FORGE SENT ME THIS EMAIL

Hello Zach, I am very sorry about the delay. there was some problems with the quality of the first saber we made for you and it had to be started over.

Your Acolyte Shoto is currently in production at this time. As soon as it is ready to ship out, you will receive an email notification email with a tracking number. In the meantime, please feel free to email me here anytime to check on the status of your order. I am always happy to check on it for you!

May the forge be with you

Laura

GOD IVE BEEN WAITING 3 MONTHS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321095 by
Replied by on topic SABERFORGE SCREWED UP MY SABER
Bleh, that sucks bud. They're pretty awful for shipping times (but the end product is worth it).

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321096 by
is it really?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321097 by

wolfboy5802 wrote: is it really?

I still use mine regularly, and love it more than ever. They're simply elegant feeling sabers.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321098 by
ah ok

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321099 by
Better that they find the problem now than send you a botched saber, leading to the fuss of a return and still having to wait for it to be redone.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #321100 by Avalon
Ari owns a Saberforge, so I imagine he'd know.

For what it's worth, I've been waiting an insanely long time for mine as well. The most recent email I got stated that "some additional time was required for the machining of [the] hilt."

I could speculate for ages as to why the sabers got delayed.

Maybe there was an equipment malfunction. Maybe they have a new machinist who messed up a lot of sabers. Maybe there was a recall on some of the electronics. Maybe they got someone new in. Or maybe it's just our orders got put in right after the most recent movie got released and they have a serious backlog.

Mistakes and delays happen. But I'd rather they take extra time to do the quality control now and send me a good product.

My only real complaint (so far) is their lack of follow up and updating after you put in the order. It's frustrating. Believe me, I know. You can ask Ari the number of times I've talked about cancelling my order.

We'll get them eventually though. No big deal :)

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321117 by
Patience, my friends

(Or, go with Ultrasabers, LOL)

More
5 years 11 months ago #321118 by Gisteron
(there are some nasty horror stories with Ultra, too. the "best sabers on the market" are custom made collector pieces in like the 4-5 digit price range. if you're paying 150 at a shop that'll ban you from their forums if you shop somewhere else or something like that, don't be surprised at a poor quality product or a lack of customer support. i'm not making a third post detailing it. most saberforge customers have a fine enough experience, so do most ultra customers. just be cautious)

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321119 by

there are some nasty horror stories with Ultra, too.

I don't doubt it, but I've bought probably a dozen sabers from Ultra though, and I've never been disappointed (I don't actually have that many sabers right now—I actually like to customize them and resell them). Customer support has always been very helpful there too.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi