Quantum physics / Higgs field

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316340 by
Just a curious thought , may also be out there, but has anyone else ever considered the possible connection between the Higgs field / Higgs boson and What we know as the Force ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316342 by
Replied by on topic Quantum physics / Higgs field
I would definitely consider it "A Force", but why would you consider it "Thee Force"?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316344 by
I don’t actually consider it as if I’m settled on that. It’s just for as much speculation there is on it we still don’t fully understand it. And it’s more of an energetic field that uses bosons to interact with particles to give them mass , which may be a force itself , but the field itself is not considered one of the 4 fundamental forces of nature. But it’s interactions and capabilities facinate me. If not Thee Force , perhaps a medium it uses to interact with the environment. Like I said , it was just a random theory that popped in my head after a long day of sleep deprivation haha , to “ kick the can down the street” so to speak.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316356 by
Interesting thought. I have seen people try to equate all sorts of physics concepts to the force in the past. Everything from the electromagnetic spectrum to photons to quantum mechanics. I don't see much relevance in any of these proposals but I always like to discuss the possibilities. So if you were to make such a proposal, how do you see the Higgs field interacting with reality beyond its current function to take on a role as what we would consider "The Force"?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi