Re:"The Force" and it's Knights

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #302840 by OB1Shinobi
The Force is like gravity, its a little different for everyone.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #303076 by
Replied by on topic Re:"The Force" and it's Knights

Manu wrote: I am not sure if this is relevant, but I feel it has some place in this thread.

When George Lucas was interviewed about the creation of Star Wars and the Jedi Knights, he admitted he wanted to get people curious and asking questions... NOT starting a religion, but just getting people more curious about wandering into inquiring about the mysteries of the Universe.

That's where I feel "Jedi" takes us... it's not THE answer... it's just the gateway, the threshold, where we get good at asking the right questions.

There is a general ethical code attached to it, but it is greatly fluid, on purpose.

It's relevant, I posted this out of curiosity sort of.. to see the questions people had and if they might be like mine. I've had weird experiences in my life and mostly held them to myself..

Even to the point where when some would say "We don't believe we can lift cars." I would say, "Why not?"

More
6 years 6 months ago #303081 by Adder
Asking the question is probably the answer. Our perception is limited when compared to what we tend to believe as real, so while science asserts useful mechanisms to define the most likely reality, we often find ourselves eventually/sometimes realizing some information lays outside of our own capacity to define it.... be it a capability to measure it or contextualize sufficient detail to match experience of it - and so the how the Force might manifest sits neatly at that face of the unknown, but some Jedi like myself also find it useful to assert that the Force exists among all things because it serves a useful ally to recognize the extent of the unknown around even what we think we know.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303156 by
Replied by on topic Re:"The Force" and it's Knights

Jaedon Adar-Barnaby wrote: I don't mean to be contentious. However, there are some things that we can't avoid. Biggest of all is that in reality we can't have our own truth. Anymore than we can declare a tree as a blade of grass.

Dear Jaedon,

I understand your problems, Jaedon, and that is precisely, why we have communities. To share, to create, and correct each other. That is the problem with diversity within the community. We are suppressed in many ways by differing opinions. Politics is about gaining support and so if the community decided, one day they wanted to find the mountain yeti 'the leader' is that person who comes forth able and willing to achieve what the community desires. At least in most societies if our desire was strong enough.

They say the old adage that ignorance is bliss because what you don't know cannot hurt you. However knowing the truth can be exactly the opposite it can be warm, beautifully enriching. But others may be afraid of the truth and not wish to hear it. And as such the truth is a funny subject which can be twisted and dissected, scrutinized and rejected. That we can also create terror and fear because of our conviction to our truth. So in many ways the truth itself is controlled by our community sometimes fiercely because they are afraid or that such truth is superfluous to the needs and wants of the community.

I share your experiences having sometimes terrible dreams. I had a dream which was very lucid enough for me to walk around and explore a garden. Yet there was also a large animal like a tiger with metal fur and it was speaking with me. The language was emotion and the sound was like a dog bark. However that is the nature of our experiences, i believed the tiger was a divinity. But we cannot make assumptions about our experiences and neither can we hold it so strongly, that others distance themselves from us.

This lucid dreaming in my dream might have been a tiger and it might have been hungry and it might have been trying to tell me something. I believe in my dream if you drop your guard, there could be gnashing of teeth. Therefore do not forget that life itself is precious and dangerous. And Jaedon your experience sounds like mine. However there is a difference between lucid dreaming and astral projection. In that Lucid dreaming can be as good as virtual reality but that computer generated reality is as real as the imagination which we have.

I agree with you Jaedon, we as humans our most carnal instincts come forward in dreams and we humans seek novelty and mysteries to explore the unusual and that is how spiritualism developed. It is a human instinct. Humans wish to explore all aspects of nature and part of that is our own internal reality. Yet science is usually compelled by what is profitable rather than to pursue knowledge, unlike our ancient Greek friends, Plato and his teacher Socrates. Whom also attempted to study these manifestations of our consciousness. It sounds like we are all willing ourselves to be connected to special powers and special experiences, when we forget how special our own shared reality is. Carl Jung also said many things about dreams and it has plagued the greatest minds.

What IS "The Force" to us? A literal Truth, the "cornerstone" of our reality, or a figurative concept of our philosophical ideas? What are we to this "Force"? As knights and as individual beings..

It is like describing how a television works, useful if your an engineer, but it doesn't let us watch it any better. We only need a simple understanding to use a television. The force is too complex for one person to understand much like theoretical physics. We are the same as always have been, when we are born we loan some materials from our planet to create our body and we give it back upon our death. And reality itself has borrowed energy from the universe and eventually the energy will be given back. Does that energy determine our value? Perhaps it does and it can be measured in how much our parents raise the young with their money. Or it can measured in our impact upon the planet. We should give back what the universe gave to us by helping to correct the expensive nature of existing upon the planet.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi