I've decided I'm gonna be a "Sith"

More
6 years 8 months ago #297634 by Lykeios Little Raven
Good for you. Now go prove it. (I echo what Snowy said.)

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297644 by
The day you feel you have to prove yourself , is the day you should do a 180 and start walking ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297645 by

Amyntas wrote: The day you feel you have to prove yourself , is the day you should do a 180 and start walking ...

Agreed. You don't want it badly enough if it feels like "proving yourself". Go read a book or watch netflix instead.

Meditate. It'll make you feel warm and fuzzy.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297653 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Amyntas wrote: The day you feel you have to prove yourself , is the day you should do a 180 and start walking ...

Agreed. You don't want it badly enough if it feels like "proving yourself". Go read a book or watch netflix instead.

Meditate. It'll make you feel warm and fuzzy.

Yes determination has nothing to do with proving yourself , it has to do with your mindset , that you really really want this , we should not differ in this we should be supplemantery not rule out eachother :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #297654 by Lykeios Little Raven
Actually, I meant something more along the lines of "prove it" to yourself...

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297655 by

Lykeios wrote: Actually, I meant something more along the lines of "prove it" to yourself...

So? Whats the difference ?

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297657 by Lykeios Little Raven
Well, proving something to oneself implies self-motivation. Whereas proving something to others implies you value yourself as others value you and are motivated by the approval of others.

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297658 by

Lykeios wrote: Well, proving something to oneself implies self-motivation. Whereas proving something to others implies you value yourself as others value you and are motivated by the approval of others.[/quote

That is not really a difference , if you have to prove it to yourself it still indicates doubt in my opinion more than self-motivation , self motivation should be about putting one step in front of the other , regardless of any approval be it from yourself or others , you have a goal , now start walking.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297659 by Lykeios Little Raven
*shrug* Never felt that way to me all the times I did things just to prove to myself I could...

But, maybe we have a different image of "proving" something to oneself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297681 by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IApkB9Zp5-s

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi