Personality Types

More
6 years 10 months ago #287839 by Rex
Personality Types was created by Rex
After talking with a relative who just got into the whole MBTI/Enneagram/DISC deal and we were talking about compatibility and occurrence probability of different combinations. I decided to look up stats for the States and something looked weird. Certain personality traits seemed linked.

*Disclaimer: Nerd Alert*
I made a spreadsheet of the data and made some bivariable (and trivariable) covariance tests to see how everything stacked up. I found that for both men and women, the extraversion trait is heavily linked to the organizational one (Introvert Perceiving and Extravert Judging are about 2σ away from what they would be if it was based on probability). I also found that extraversion is linked to the criterion trait, but with different results for men and women (Introvert Thinking and Extravert Feeling for women, and IF and ET for men both with ~1σ deviation). This shows that the information preference trait (Sensing and iNtuition) is very random (-1/4σ on average).
Data:
Warning: Spoiler!

Anyways, if you have any personality type systems you'd like me to look at this has kinda become an interest of mine.
What personality tests have you taken, what is your type, what do you think that means?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #287843 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Personality Types
Just did a free online version of the test then (Like hell I was paying fifty bucks for the official one)

Based on whatever my current mood and lies are, I got - ISTP, -A/-T

I'm not persuaded it means much, because reasons.

Anyway, what does interest me, since you've done the leg work and want to do more - is not so much the internal stats of the results of the test... - but the match up of test results vs, say career paths, or regional variation (say, are bible belters more likely to get a certain result than...I don't know, some other region? My US geography is fairly non existent)

Is there a genuine link beyond the odd "famous person" between certain test results and what people end up doing with their lives?

Edit: As you might expect, this topic has come up a few times at the round table, so a quick search found me my results last time we discussed it...

Me, September 2016 wrote: I'm not a huge fan of the test, but every now and again someone brings it up - sometimes I'll fill it in, sometimes I won't.

Anyway, this time I got INTJ. If memory serves, I sometimes end up with ISTP, or INTP.

I'm not sure if it varies by the wording of the test, the colour of the background, what I had for breakfast that day, or whether or not I'm feeling well disposed towards my fellow humans at the time I take it.

Anyway, it has value as an aid to self reflection I suppose, though I would be wary of barging into a group conversation, clamining you have excellent abilities at dispute resolution because the test told you, and offer to solve everything

(Though if you do that, you're probably an extrovert anyway, and therefore probably used to looking like a knob :lol: )

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #287844 by
Replied by on topic Personality Types
I'm INFJ. I've taken various online tests and two professional tests in the course of my work, always get it. I tend to agree with the diagnosis, as I identify with most of the positive and negative traits. But as to how that impacts my day to day... not a lot.

If you search MBTI or Personality Type there's quite a few threads about this (there are even some apprentice lessons built around it). If you're interested in stats it might be fun to see type distribution of Jedi, using that historical data!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #287845 by
I do not like to say I am a personality type, but my doings have a lot in common with the INFP mediator type. But because the test is not completely accurate I did get the INFJ advocate type a few times too, as it is close to INFP. Characteristics are too complex to be judged by any system, thus the system might help to understand how we judge ourselves. :blush:

https://www.16personalities.com/nl/persoonlijkheidstypen
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #287861 by
Interesting. I am the INTP-T type. But who knows.

More
6 years 9 months ago #288671 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Personality Types
MEDIATOR (INFP-A) makes sense but the questions are subject to more than a scale of agree disagree too much grey area and scenario based instances.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 9 months ago #288725 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Personality Types
Personality type: “The Mediator” (INFP-A)
Individual traits: Introverted 74%, Intuitive 64%, Feeling 56%, Prospecting 53%, Assertive 63%
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Confident Individualism

I guess the trick is to answer them truthfully, and not idealistically... maybe better getting someone else to do it for oneself, might be interesting to see if there is a difference!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi