A Jedi Retreat/Temple

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270921 by
Replied by on topic A Jedi Retreat/Temple
Id gladly revisit the idea of a Temple or Jedi Retreat.....

When I see more people actually commit to Jedi Gatherings and Offline Chapters that are already in use, practice and growing.

When I don't have to pull out teeth and toe nails to get you people to pay $150 for Lodging and Food. I'll gladly take the next step to something more physical. Until then......I'll see you in Ohio ;).....Most likely not....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270967 by
My Jedi Temple is my mind. That's where I can go to retreat. I close my eyes, take a deep breath and focus on the Force at hand.

If we were to have a physical Temple. It would simply need to be somewhere quiet we could hone in on the Force more. Ultimately that's what makes us Jedi, so that's what any retreat or Temple should've based around!

Or, to splash a little 'Rogue One' into the mix:

I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am not afraid; all is as the Force wills it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #271407 by

Adder wrote: It was for sale, sitting on 8 hectares of land.... only $3 million AUD :pinch:

Whoa... it does look nice, but that's a bit pricey.

JamesSand wrote:

It would be self sustaining meaning it would generate its own food, water, and electricity.

Why? Is plumbed water not good for Jedi?
Are we not supporting markets and farmers now?

Well... in a way, it would make for good training. Till the soil, pump the water, sow the seeds, reap the harvest. But on the other hand, if you screw up, you starve.

Still... the flipside is the struggle to afford the food and water.

Self-sustaining electricity would be good though. Solar panels or wind generator, very Jedi if you ask me.

But yeah, it's difficult coming up with a good temple or retreat. Being a global community, it's difficult for many of us to travel halfway around the globe (in any direction) just to do things we can do at home. Getting to meet everyone and commune is a bonus, of course, and would probably help a lot of training, but... the travel costs, the costs of upkeep... one would hope that the people living on-site could take care of anything that goes wrong, because mechanics, plumbers, pest control, etc. would be even more difficult.

Also I'd hope there'd be some kind of humane alternative to pesticides or something. Just... y'know... respect for life, or something... I dunno. If it was in Australia I don't suppose nature would much respect our lives. :P
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

More
7 years 3 months ago #271417 by Carlos.Martinez3
I my self have the idea of a cabin style mission. Fully open self sufficient under no flag but... An idea... All are worth. Simple , practical?... You wouldn't believe if I told you it's alive now ... It can be passed and fanned any where. Possible ? Verry , easy ? Not really. Worth the efforts! To those who know ... Glow. When u see things in that light... Hmm .
Practicality
I got a fully stocked medical caninent and am able to do my own sick call for my family and friends. Old army medic
*You would be surprised , at how often my family has gone to the hospital in a 4 year span.
Can goods go far
We buy extra all the time . Saving a few cans of this n that for future keep is wise. We look at the ant. He is no fool. We often give extra along to our friends and family. Tact and love with a bit of mindfulness always finds open hearts. My front room is my wife and my library. Many have come over borrowed a book or two. Over a few cups of coffe, tea, always ready here , we have had heart to hearts worth only the purest of gold. Real people. Real problems, jobs hearts , chooses , ...
I'm not a smart man but I say that qualifies where I am as ... A Temple... A mission, a retreat , come by get on some sticks Mario kart? A Temple can be where the "temple" idea is fanned. Our Temples ... Some of them are real. Actual. Those take time n effort. So worth it!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 3 months ago #271419 by Carlos.Martinez3
Here anything is possible and everything is possible.

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271455 by

carlos.martinez3 wrote: Here anything is possible and everything is possible.

Can you reverse the flow of time? Cuz I would be onboard for that! :P

More
7 years 3 months ago #271465 by Carlos.Martinez3
I find no need ever to move time around. Now is the present and now we can ... Have what we need. Takes a lot of effort n mindfulness.

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271475 by
As nice as it would be for us to have a temple, we must be patient in the construction of such. For now, the temple is us. We are the structure, the foundation. Without us, the temple would fall, and the jedi would be no more. We ourselves are a strong temple, and even if a physical Temple was built, we would still be responsible for the life it has. It is what makes us bound in brother and sisterhood, spiritually and mentally. We are all one with the force, and it is what makes us the strongest temple in the world. May the force be with us all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271501 by
I've had a re-think about this, and I think that I am going to create my own mini temple in my garden, away from the politics of the Order, not branded as anything just a place of quiet respite.
More of a meditation place than a temple, even though that sounds way cooler (':

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271505 by

Strider wrote: I've had a re-think about this, and I think that I am going to create my own mini temple in my garden, away from the politics of the Order, not branded as anything just a place of quiet respite.
More of a meditation place than a temple, even though that sounds way cooler (':

That's an excellent idea. There's actually a place I like to go that's about a 20 minute drive from me. It's in the back of a state park, and not many people go there. The path goes back along this creek, and at one part there's a place where I can go down and there's a little island of rocks in the middle of the stream. I like to sit there, with water flowing literally all around me. It's my favorite spot. I've been known to refer to it as "my temple".

Unfortunately, it's only 17 degrees here today, so that doesn't work at the moment. ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi