American Dream

More
7 years 9 months ago #242626 by a67
American Dream was created by a67
Yeah sorry everyone for my long period x-zone but I do my best like everyone. :ohmy:

Ok, here I need some advice on some links I am about to share with you.

http://www.thrivemovement.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H16OzulRXYM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #242644 by
Replied by on topic American Dream
I remember when this first came out. It really messed up my perception of how money works. However, it sure is a quick and easy way to really understand what a scam the banking system really is. Most of the information presented is accurate except that the Rothschild quote is probably not true. Although, I'm sure it's the kind of thing he would have said. The stuff about Jackson is also questionable, but has become a lot more interesting to me in light of the recent decision to replace Jackson with Harriet Tubman on the twenty dollar bill.

The radical exaggeration of personalities makes this video ridiculous, but it makes the content more entertaining.
Thank you for posting this a67. I don't know what advice you are looking for, but I'm happy to help.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #242660 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic American Dream
What is the question?

My views of the video are that its really got to be buyer beware!

In a system replete with people trying to get competitive advantage one must expect it will be competitive. You don't walk onto the NFL pitch from the couch and think your going to achieve 'anything'. Same thing. When we are kids we are supposed to have our parents to look out for us, but as adults that does not mean our parents become the government, authorities or corporations, it means we have to be able to look after ourselves and anyone in our care.
:pinch:
Consider the way people use the term 'credit' in conversation. It's credit from the banks point of view, but its debt from ours. It should be called debt by us!! I'd say there is not enough time in ones life to learn enough, but I'm not sure it's true. What I do know is the most vulnerable are not in a position to be competitive - which is the crux of the problem as I see it.

So consider Bank's, the biggest players in that game; try to sell their products and services but coming from an informed position are in a position to use that knowledge advantage to present information in a way which can mislead, but lets be honest so does most advertising in most everything, political 'spin' for example, but it is the essence of competitive salespersonship - to create an illusion which while not illegal, does not necessarily ensure the full truth is apparent. In other words there is complexity in the system which is beyond most all people except people 'in the system' - for all of us we have to tread carefully because we're not aware of the location and natures of vulnerability for profit taking to occur.

That does not make it bad, it makes it competitive. Regulation does or should exist to enable adequate protection from fraud, but as the system grows in complexity the regulation is slow to respond. We have a gap develop, which the competitive market understands the most because it is driving that growth.

But to be a Delorean and wind it back a bit, I think that is the point of free market's, and that they require that fluidity to be effective in a condition of growth and change. It just happens that it then allows profit and loss to occur through those fluctuations. Capitalist free markets serve to quantify effort and resources into a universal measure which mitigates the requirement of physical possession of sources of work and resources. Wars used to be about land and resources, and in the 20th century they started changing to dominant monetary systems more and more IMO. The capacity to trade a universal currency for anything is what makes capitalism IMO financial democracy, because it strips away the attributes of strength and weakness to allow a fair level field for trade to occur at that level of analysis. It is a system trying to minimize the discrepancy where the strong prosper, the weak suffer, the rich grow richer and the poor get crushed. These things still occur but for different reasons, and its the reasons which define the boundaries of the system because when connected to a democratic political system they serve to minimize egregious swings to those extremes. It was those extremes which led to the creation of the system. It's just so complex a system now, and so competitive, that yes it still has razor sharp edges. Its government and industries job to continue the milling process.

But yea, the video is a bit biased IMO. Fed banks are run for the government, they serve the government, they operate under laws and are not protected beyond their importance for stability in the markets themselves - which lets be honest underlies civilization in the West. AFAIK, I'm not an economist or in finance.

So to try and understand that gap between market and regulation, lets put it in IT terms... consider the GFC was like torrent sharing is to file sharing, in so far as its premise is you will not get caught if you can break it up into smaller bits and everyone shares tiny bits of risk. The difference is though that the files being shared, the currency have intrinsic value which retains its attribute of risk. You can keep the movie you downloaded where it will have a value, but that value will fluctuate and you cannot use the movie for anything else until you actualize that value by swapping it back to the market through that universal currency.

Perhaps traders thought they would use market trading profit to clean up its risk but of course the system is not designed to stabilize itself - its designed to maximise profits. So they seeingly could not run the same system in two different directions at the same time - like the regulatory framework was a half duplex modem but the activity was torrent file sharing
:D
Stuff got backed up and flooded the bathroom!! Speaking of bathrooms.. where is Margot Robbie when you need here (The Big Short)!! If you watch some of the movies like The Big Short which talk about financial stuff, others like Cosmpolis and Margin Call I like, they really do show that it can get like a shark feeding frenzy - but is that the fault of the shark or the bait fish!? I guess that makes the government and law makers as the fishing industry :S

But you can understand how the only people able to regulate this are the technocrats in that industry! What makes them technocrats is not wealth or power - but the technical knowledge sufficient to keep up with the market - the same knowledge required for them to be able to serve the government to meet the relevant legislation. Does that equate to vested interests - it certainly creates the perfect opportunity for it yes, but I don't know enough about the Fed and its operations to comment on that. I do though think its wrong to consider it the American dream, as its more likely the human dream... each person wants their own cave, with amenities, entertainment, bells and whistles and services to support their ventures. If you want to participate then it really starts to become evident that the system is really unable to operate in full duplex for everyone all the time.... instead its like walking across a stream, you need to find the rocks to step between, and only do so when their is not too much debris going past.

What is the business of the Republic in Star Wars; business. I think that clarifies what Anakin's Jedi Business phrase means... no profit to be had. I also think it really contrasts how isolated the Jedi were from the rest of the universe, because they were detached from that system - but how then did they survive; I'd have to assume it was ongoing service to the Republic due to their Force powers, training and commitment to cause - otherwise the only explanation is the Jedi are the Fed Bank
:blink:
It is so complex it can entertain any number of positions and views to look down upon it, and with only one point to look up to, it gets lost the further away it is. We can get an idea by looking at its constituent parts around us, understanding it will be prone to failures throughout, but a tower analogy is too freaky scarey to entertain because no-one likes falling - when the analogy is instead intended to address trying to form a balanced view. If we cannot have a balanced view of what is around us then we will only ever be concerned about falling - because at the end of the day the point is not to climb to the top or tear the top down to our own level, its just to fix the cracks and realize its actually a boat, and in the West we are already aboard it
;) :blink:
#controversy

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: a67,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #242675 by
Replied by on topic American Dream
Over-simplification of a complex issue is the hallmark of conspiracy theorists and when you change the scope you get distortions of the view.

I'm not saying there is no reason to be concerned about excesses within the current world monetary system. I'm merely pointing out that it's easy to be freaked out about something with which you're not familiar with the nuts and bolts...

Get a better perspective on the credit system and how it operates and the historical basis of where we are. Do not allow over-simplification to skew your perspective, but arrive at your own determination based upon your understanding and investigation...

Oh, and what is the question?

More
7 years 9 months ago #246221 by a67
Replied by a67 on topic American Dream
Also some advice about the thrive movement ?

Thank you for the advices about American dream.

No, there is no questions. Only what you think and if you have an advice or something to share.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi