What would happen if Br. John was unable to be a part of TOTJO?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #239229 by
So I have just been doing some thinking in my free time and I was wondering, as Br. John is the founder of TOTJO, does he still retain all ownership or is there some form of safety net as this is a recognized charity? Like lets say something were to happen to Br. John, what would happen to TOTJO? Would Jestor become the owner like some kind of will? Or would the charity as a whole, the board members or whoever is in charge take over?

- M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #239354 by Br. John
Very good question since there is much misunderstanding and plenty of not knowing how about these things work. A non-profit Corporation does not have owners but often has members (as we do). Nobody owns The Order. Nobody can. It cannot be left in a will. As the Founder I do have a few privileges that were put into the Charter. I have the right to be a Member of The Council and the right to be Senior Pastor. I have one vote the same as any other Council Member. I do not and cannot control The Order.

If I resigned or ceased to have any part in The Order someone would be elected by The Council to be the President and they'd probably elect a new person to be on The Council to replace me. By law the minimum number of The Council is three. Currently we have six. I'm only counting Voting Members.

Nowadays I handle governmental and legal affairs and I'm the Treasurer as well as the President. For all practical purposes we have three presidents (or chief execute / operations officers) - just not in name - Jestor handles Membership Relations, Alexander is in charge of The Clergy and I already said what I do. It's something I'd like to do - actually have three co-presidents as that most accurately reflects the positions and duties.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor, J_Roz, Proteus, Ben, Alexandre Orion and 11 other people also said thanks.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #239365 by
I imagine my local pond turning to blood and the moon boiling into the ether. Don't leave us Br. John!

But more seriously... is there a back up plan, so like, if you went into a coma for an extended period or something, someone could pay our internet bill, etc?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

More
7 years 11 months ago #239368 by Br. John
Besides me, two others have full access to our PayPal account.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #239376 by

Br. John wrote: Besides me, two others have full access to our PayPal account.

Sweet. Please don't go into a coma anyway though :woohoo:

More
7 years 11 months ago #239418 by Manu
I find it oddly humorous and a bit scary that we are talking about ways in which Br. John would be offed.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: , , Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #239433 by

Manu wrote: I find it oddly humorous and a bit scary that we are talking about ways in which Br. John would be offed.

I'm not going to pretend I haven't thought about conquering TotJO and parking my flag on it :whistle:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #239435 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Manu wrote: I find it oddly humorous and a bit scary that we are talking about ways in which Br. John would be offed.

I'm not going to pretend I haven't thought about conquering TotJO and parking my flag on it :whistle:

Aha become the Sultan instead of the Sultan, its a tried method , but failed often :laugh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi