Here And Now

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #214898 by
Here And Now was created by
The smaller we look the more smaller things we find. The bigger we look the bigger things we find. Looking at small thing helps us understand large things. Looking at large things helps us understand small things. Everything is happening in the here and now. I thinking looking at the hear and now helps us understand everything.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #214912 by
Replied by on topic Here And Now
I believe it was Allan Watts who used an analogy of looking at a cat through a small slit in a wall as it passed back and forth on the other side. You'll see each part really well but you'll never be able to see it for what it really is as a whole.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #214920 by
Replied by on topic Here And Now

Goken wrote: I believe it was Allan Watts who used an analogy of looking at a cat through a small slit in a wall as it passed back and forth on the other side. You'll see each part really well but you'll never be able to see it for what it really is as a whole.

Alan Watts' The Self :cheer:

And I completely agree with what has been said; I used to be a big picture only person and was baffled when I met someone who could only see the small things. It wasn't till I too tried to see the small things did I start seeing the entirety of what there is to see in a situation or moment.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #215008 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Here And Now
for me, driving is my most consistent opportunity to practice mindfulness

or the one that is easiest to remember, lets say that lol

my thoughts always want to drift off to the various circumstances or conversations of my life
(including conversations here at the temple)
and i do think its necessary to let my mind do that sometimes under other conditions

but while i am driving my goal is to stay consistent and focused on the "here and now" of the road and of what im doing

i feel like its one of the best meditation practices ive got, simply because of how often i get to do it

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi