57 Small things you can do every day to be happier and more successful

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #213359 by
Zenchi just shared this on his wall and I wanted the opportunity to discuss it so I thought I'd make a thread about it. (I know how Zenchi dislikes his wall becoming a discussion board ;) )

57 Things you can do every day to be happier and more successful

Warning: Spoiler!

I don't personally agree with all of the points, but a high majority of them I do. I was happy to see that there are quite a few that I already do.

The author seems to have something against talking on the phone and prefers emails. I always try to answer my phone if I don't know the number because I'm worried it could be someone I know using someone else's phone in an emergency, or a hospital, or the police. I also always listen to my voicemail because if they took the time to leave it I should listen to it, it's probably important.

Which one's do you agree/disagree with? How many do you already do?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #213374 by Zenchi
Although I understand where the author is coming from, number three comes off as a little cold. Been there, done that, especially being around my family and others who identify with their problems and/or surroundings. I get it, you begin to take on the energy of those around you if your within their "sphere of influence" long enough, and I know all to well what a devastating effect this can have on one's life. However, being a Jedi is largely about assisting those in need, for it is in giving that we receive...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley,

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #213721 by Locksley
Deleted the ones I didn't like at all. Some of these still aren't great, but I think there are definitely some valuable core nuggets in there too!

Warning: Spoiler!

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Locksley.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi