No Pizza for gays

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #187647 by Wescli Wardest
This is a guy I watch talking about a current event topic. His views are his own. What I find interesting about what he says is exactly that… what he says.

Every Jedi is going to have their own belief system. That’s awesome! But this is a guy that would tell you he does not agree with Jediism and what (parts at least) he says sounds very much like it was at least influenced by Jedi.

All that said, I will tell you now that I happen to like his channel and quite often agree with him. I do not agree with his interpretation of God, but his ideals tend to fall in line with mine very often. So I may be a bit bias.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8wZgcZ6NuM

Any opinions on what he is talking about?

He covers several topics or several subjects that could be topics of discussion within themselves, but I am curious as to what each of you got from this talk.

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #187653 by
Replied by on topic No Pizza for gays
I like how he defines tolerance/intolerance at first and finishes up with saying everyone is always yelling its my right . .

I have the concern for future generations as well if we do not address the intolerance in relation to rights issue.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #187654 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic No Pizza for gays
i enjoyed it and agree with much of what he says

my hope for the future is that people realize that being offended is a choice

no one is insulting anyone really - its in our heads

legal rights are different from social expectations

it defeats freedom to attempt to regulate based on what offends us regardless of what side we may be offended by on any given issue

i have my opinions on what is apporopriate and what is not

i accept the fact that no one else is required to respect my opinions or expectations and i feel no need to change them to meet anyone elses expectations

i do my best to be respectful of peoples feelings (i admit i fall short of this often) but general belifes and opinions are actually not the be all end all of who a person is and we can all see things very differently and still value each other and promote each other as human beings if we choose to

again, being offended is generally a choice

thanks for sharing this video

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 1 month ago #187695 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic No Pizza for gays
what I got from this video were the ideas of tolerance, respect and acceptance. All of which were claimed by people but only given if they actually agreed with your view or belief.
respect them enougth to allow them to be who they are even if you disagree with them. That is something that the world in general seems to struggle with, it very often seems to be that if your not in line with the generally held beliefs of your peers then you seem almost not worthy of respect.
I liked the bible story, it seemed to be a case of being an example of tolerance and love through actions and that influenced the tax collector.
No one is always going to agree with your point of view, but that doesn't make them wrong or against you, tolerance works both ways, if you show in your actions that okay I respect your opinion, its more likely they will be open minded than closed of in defense, which happens when there belief system is attacked. People identify strongly with there beliefs, spiritual or otherwise and mistakenly assume an attack on those beliefs are an attack on them
For all that is said by any group if there actions don't match there words, aren't lived then the words are just being used as weapons or for show and are meaningless

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: , OB1Shinobi

More
9 years 1 month ago #187734 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic No Pizza for gays
I posted something similar once, long ago, but it was a question I think relevant to this:

How many of us could attend a KKK barbeque with out blowing our top and condemning everyone around us? How many would take it for what it is: a barbeque among friends?

The point being, I may not agree with their views, but nobody was being lynched and everyone there just wanted to have a good time. I would be the interloper in that scenario if I started lecturing(something that is rarely effective any way) in the middle of their get together?

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #187754 by
I'll be honest, Wes. While I appreciated his heartfelt commentary and agreed with some of what he talked about in the video (thank you for sharing it, by the way), my thoughts diverged from his pretty significantly.

I had a hard time getting beyond his initial assumptions about the "left" (pro-gay) and "right" (anti-gay). Issues involving gay people, marriage equality, cakes, pizza, etc., are no longer easily divided into left and right. There are plenty of people on the more conservative end of the spectrum who would feel comfortable serving or assisting gay people in business situations, despite their religious beliefs.

His comments on "indoctrination" in public schools and the possibility that gay businesses might turn away Christians (which would be incredibly unlikely), as well as his thoughts on what constitutes "unfair" treatment, were all frustrating to me. It was a tough video for me to watch, but I did my best to view it with an open mind. I now have a better understanding of where certain people are coming from... I just happen to see things quite differently. :)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #187767 by
Hi Arcade, a pleasure to meet you here.

Like you, I was uncomfortable watching this video. I simply did not agree with a lot of specifics.

Admittedly, I had one thought in mind while listening to him . . "where is he coming from", which is not always the expressions that are pointed to, points made or examples utilized.

It seems he attempted, to use a real-time scenario to talk about "looking" at more than one side and if we do not do that, how can we teach children that. This is an assumption on my part, perhaps that is why Wes likes him . . regardless of the specifics.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #187928 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic No Pizza for gays

Wescli Wardest wrote: This is a guy I watch talking about a current event topic. His views are his own. What I find interesting about what he says is exactly that… what he says.

There are definitely points I agree with here. The problem I see, however, is that he essentially defines being gay as a "belief system" (or at least compares it to other belief systems). That's not the case. Being gay is a natural predisposition and one of many facets of human nature. So the core question should be: should we accept belief systems that deny core elements of human nature or is there a limit to acceptance if such a limit serves the greater good?

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by Cyan Sarden.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #188002 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic No Pizza for gays
Little gray words speak to me... they say...missing plug in

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #188003 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic No Pizza for gays
The Jedi in me says by the comment I've read... anything can be a belief. anything. When one says " I'm right your wrong, let me show u why..." that's when most people insert personal mistrust and personal vendetta s. if he believes as such allow them and keep them safe... ours is to defend the weak and helpless... even those who seem to know what's going on but don't. lol

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi