Public
10 years 5 months ago #126380 by
http://youtu.be/JaF-fq2Zn7I

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #126427 by
That's amazing! I know that many do not believe that we can move to sustainable power without some mixture of nuclear power to keep up with demand, but if the nuclear waste that we have been creating can fuel new reactors for decades to come, then that is a welcome innovation that will move us into a better energy future.

On another note, I was watching an episode of Sci-fi Science, with theoretical physicist Dr. Michio Kaku, which was about how one would build a lightsaber in real life, and in looking for a small, but powerful source of energy that would fit inside such a small device, he went to a lab where they were producing nano batteries! These batteries would have billions of small layers, that would allow the battery to hold hundreds of times more charge than a conventional one. A large enough nano battery would certainly be able to hold the immense stores of energy to allow sustainables to be able to provide energy throughout the day. Of course, it would cost a ton of money, and take forever to make even one at this point, but remember where the computer was fifty years ago...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #126511 by

Roddan_Andreus wrote: That's amazing! I know that many do not believe that we can move to sustainable power without some mixture of nuclear power to keep up with demand, but if the nuclear waste that we have been creating can fuel new reactors for decades to come, then that is a welcome innovation that will move us into a better energy future.

On another note, I was watching an episode of Sci-fi Science, with theoretical physicist Dr. Michio Kaku, which was about how one would build a lightsaber in real life, and in looking for a small, but powerful source of energy that would fit inside such a small device, he went to a lab where they were producing nano batteries! These batteries would have billions of small layers, that would allow the battery to hold hundreds of times more charge than a conventional one. A large enough nano battery would certainly be able to hold the immense stores of energy to allow sustainables to be able to provide energy throughout the day. Of course, it would cost a ton of money, and take forever to make even one at this point, but remember where the computer was fifty years ago...

If your interested in that you should check out Elon Musk, he's going to change the reality of energy and transportation. It's another step closer to flying cars.

http://youtu.be/IgKWPdJWuBQ

TED is fun, check out all of their stuff. You should also check out the Minerva Project http://www.minervaproject.com/. i don,t know if their still accepting students but you can always find out. I'm enrolled for their 2016 class, so try and get in as soon as possible.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi