Clean up?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10055 by
Clean up? was created by
When was the last time the forum, or site in general was cleaned up?

I'm new to this site and its very difficult to find your way around it, you would attract alot more people to the faith if it was easier finding out about the Jedi and finding your way around the site. It's just a suggestion any feedback would be great.

Strji

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10057 by
Replied by on topic Re:Clean up?
I have been commenting on this on and off for a while. Thank you for bringing this to light from a new person perspective. Also an a side note, I abolutly love your avatar, you should see my myspace name Dilly-Dally-Shilly-Shally, LOL. Unfortunately that is all i have with FF refrenses on there, anyway, welcome to TOTJO.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 3 months ago #10058 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Clean up?
It would be interesting to hear what you mean by clean up. If it means deleting posts, which one is more or less important? Who would make this decision?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10059 by
Anora^una_Ilorn wrote:

I abolutly love your avatar, you should see my myspace name Dilly-Dally-Shilly-Shally, LOL. Unfortunately that is all i have with FF refrenses on there, anyway, welcome to TOTJO.

Thanks, i had a look for that name and couldn't find it, also FF stands for?.

No i don't suggest deleting posts but trying to make a more simplifyed forum for people to look around, i have been looking around and i saw some unused areas, im only new so i don't know if some of the forum threads are here for particular reasons but it just seems there is too much to get through and subjects that new people would want to find are not so easily accessed.

Strji

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10060 by
New Member FAQs
Start here/Introductions
General Discussion
Jediism and Philosophy
Clergy
Replies to Blogs etc.
Force Healers
In Loving Memory…
Jedi Marial Arts/Physical Fitness
Records
Sergeant at Arms

Now these are just suggestions on how these could be combined. Also I am not sure of the purposes of some of these, we have other areas that are performing as much more efficient types of these. Also some of these could be placed within other areas and be just as efficient. Although Joseph Campbell is a great speaker and his knowledge is of emense importance I think we could have a link on the side of the forum or have it placed within spirit wind or something. Also we have two training areas. The Jediism 101 spirit wind forum and the Basic training forum could be combined, I know they each have their purposes but could be combined relatively easily. I am not saying to get rid of anything because I know it is all important but things could be combined for the simplicity of viewing and ease of access.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10061 by
LOL, well, unless i am wrong your avatar image is from Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children, FF stands for Final Fantasy and the pic is of Cloud, one of the (if not the head) hero charecter of the Game FF7 and the movie. Sorry, i am a bit of a Videot/geek, i think the video game community needs to think of a better name other then Videot. lol.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10062 by
Ah right, yeh i just looked it up and it is Cloud from Final Fantasy, i can't remember where i found the picture but it wasn't Final Fantasy.

Combining forums is a good idea it would make everything look alot more tidy, easier to access and all the information someone would need could be found through the one forum, rather than how it is no where everything is spread out and hard to access.

I know this isn't really the place for it but since i have your attention, what exactly does a Master so for a Apprentice in the Jedi.
I can see why it would obviously help in the films but what purpose does it serve here?

Strji

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #10066 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Re:Clean up?
Strji Towoo wrote:

Ah right, yeh i just looked it up and it is Cloud from Final Fantasy, i can't remember where i found the picture but it wasn't Final Fantasy.

Combining forums is a good idea it would make everything look alot more tidy, easier to access and all the information someone would need could be found through the one forum, rather than how it is no where everything is spread out and hard to access.

I know this isn't really the place for it but since i have your attention, what exactly does a Master so for a Apprentice in the Jedi.
I can see why it would obviously help in the films but what purpose does it serve here?

Strji

One thing you will find here at the Temple is the openess by all members to hear or suggest new items or changes, etc., in a fresh POV, 99.9% of the time, there is that rare occasion as in all human factors, but I, like many others, welcome new insight; one always has talents in different areas to help the community prosper and grow.

As I looked at your last paragraph about Masters and Apprentices, if I misread it, don't hesitate to tell me or clarify the statement/question.

The Rank or Title of Master, Knight, or Apprentice, or even the Church titles i.e.: Sr. Cleric, Bishop, Arch-Bishop, Cardinal, etc., comes from the structure of Heirachcy of the church.

As a new member, there are the general subjects to start your path in the teachings. After a point of time, a Knight, that is has been approved to teach or a Master will take on a student(s), primarily one at a time, but in some situations a second; an Apprentice or even the word Padawan is used, in a one to one role of furthering teachings, instruction and training to become a Knight. (To become a Knight, a recommendation to other Masters or Church heirarchy is how to be promoted. A concencus of Two others in the hierarchy for agreement of the promotion constitutes the promotion.)

So, I hope this helps a little in that area for you.... But like I said, if I misread, just let me know.....

Master Neaj Pa Bol

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
Last edit: 16 years 3 months ago by Neaj Pa Bol. Reason: misplacement of punctuation

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10073 by
The answers you seek are in the FAQ portion of the Forum. I believe it is the top subject. :)

~Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi