Need help in explaining strange event during meditation

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #312954 by
Hello there!

I'll go straight to the story:

I was meditating on obtaining a clear mind for about one hour. You know, typical meditation: sitting still, trying to clear the mind, trying to feel the Force.
I usually meditate with light in the room, typically with the window open; and I meditate also with headphones and ambient soundscapes (for example the sounds from Calm application like foggy stream).

Strange thing is: after one hour, I started to see completely black without noticing, and stopped to hear any sound at all. Wasn't thinking and the mind wasn't wandering around like it usually does, and suddenly I hear a voice of a child like I've never heard call my name, "Luca Ricci".

I opened my eyes in a rush and all came back to normal: light and sound.

I'm still trying to figure this out and decided to ask for an opinion to my brothers and sisters here at the Temple.

What do you think?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by . Reason: I make a lot of typos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #312957 by Adder
If I had to guess it was hypnagogia , which is the "transitional state between wakefulness and sleep in humans" where "one can experience lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis". I don't write if off as pure imagination necessarily, and personally do like to think it affords a certain improved connection to the Force. I have had some premonitions via that medium, and also hypnopompia. Once being told I had a flat battery in my car LOL, which was out of the blue but immediately accurate. I still blame Ms Adder for whispering it to me while I was asleep (but she didn't know and was asleep also).

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312959 by
It could be a lot of things....your ego, a loved one that's passed, hell, even a malevolent spirit (if you believe in that). I've had experiences where I've heard someone call my name and I always just chuck it up to someone who's died trying to warn me about something. It could have also just been your imagination.

I don't think there really is a solid answer, honestly.

More
6 years 3 months ago #312966 by Carlos.Martinez3
There are an whe world full of possibilities.
I often hear my name during meditation.
Often not in my own " voice". study and figure out your faith . What do your spiritual leaders say? Here we encourage every one to try ... that being said - try it again. Be mindful of things . If you would like I can tell you first hand my situations and my own findings. My inbox is open. Skype me if you like. There are a many things we can't explain and even more we can. That don't mean you didn't hear it or ya did. Seek friend seek. This may lead you to find things you never thought you may find. The seeking of the voice may fade over time it may not. Be carful in anything you do. Guard your heart and your mind as well as your soul friend. Happy seeking ! I am avulbke if u ever need! Maybthe force be with you

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 3 months ago #312970 by Manu

Ricciluke002 wrote: What do you think?

Cave of Dagobah. You find there what you take with you.

No one here will be able to answer for you what happened. Next time, approach the voice, and see what happens.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312988 by

Ricciluke002 wrote: Hello there!

I'll go straight to the story:

I was meditating on obtaining a clear mind for about one hour. You know, typical meditation: sitting still, trying to clear the mind, trying to feel the Force.
I usually meditate with light in the room, typically with the window open; and I meditate also with headphones and ambient soundscapes (for example the sounds from Calm application like foggy stream).

Strange thing is: after one hour, I started to see completely black without noticing, and stopped to hear any sound at all. Wasn't thinking and the mind wasn't wandering around like it usually does, and suddenly I hear a voice of a child like I've never heard call my name, "Luca Ricci".

I opened my eyes in a rush and all came back to normal: light and sound.

I'm still trying to figure this out and decided to ask for an opinion to my brothers and sisters here at the Temple.

What do you think?

I think you had a great experience. You could have been in the twilight between awake and asleep? A nice place to be, at least for me. Sometimes when I'm tired I drift in and out of a meditative state and a dreaming state. I bet you were feeling really relaxed as well and maybe feeling a little out of body? Enjoy and embrace the experience without concern and or anxiety. Post again if/when this happens again.

More
6 years 3 months ago #312993 by Eleven
I don't know if I can be much help as has been said already but, it could be a multiple things. It could be transition into the Astral plane without realizing it (I have done that accidentally), could be you may have opened your spiritual senses and was hearing from the Astral plane and heard a spirit. It could of been Hypangogia like Adder said it could be alot of things. I guess a question with a question, "What do you think it was?" Mediate on this I encourage you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi