Experiment the link between breathing and our emotions

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310295 by
I would like to make an experience with you guys. Can you focus on your breathing and try to notice how your subtle emotional state (not the easiest perceived but the one behind) varies from inhaling to exhaling? Share your feelings about what you perceive if you don't mind, I would like to know if most of us feel the same way. I'll just share what I feel when doing it in the spoiler window so I don't influence you in any way:
Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310297 by
I've not felt this, unless I'm actively focusing on the emotions. Whenever I'm really angry, I take a deep, sharp breath in, pulling all my anger into my lungs, visualising it as a deep red filling me up. Then when I breathe out, the breath carries the red out through my nostrils and disperses it into the universe.

So unless I'm doing something like that, I don't notice much change of emotions during regular breathing.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310378 by
Thank you Arisaig for sharing this technique. It sounds very helpful indeed and I'll try it next time I get angry :-D
I should have posted this in the meditation section but I am still kind of a noob around here.
Warning: Spoiler!

If any of you have other breathing techniques to control your emotions it would be nice to hear about it ;-)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi