Meditation Preparation

More
6 years 8 months ago #298006 by Kit
Meditation Preparation was created by Kit
I have a habit of distracting myself sometimes when I try to get into a mediation so I've found a few short, handy, simple, pre-meditations to use to get myself in the state of mind I want to be in. I have a few favorites but I'm always looking for more! What do you do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #298008 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Meditation Preparation
This is my most-used one:
Breathe slowly and deeply. Take any stray thoughts that come your way, one-by-one, and fold them into a little sail boat, and on your slow exhale, fill their sails with your breath and let them go into the distance. Do this until your thoughts are no longer your primary focus.

And this is my other favorite (also can be used as a calming tool)
Picture your body in your mind, all the emotions and feelings as color within you. Breathe in slowly and deeply, and on the exhale, picture your breath as colored smoke. Keep breathing until your breath is clear.

More
6 years 8 months ago #298009 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic Meditation Preparation
I have a fixed ritual: I make a cup of tea, put on my robe, sit down, drink the tea (sometimes I actually include the act of tea drinking in the meditation itself) - by the time I'm done with the tea I'm already in the right mood and good to go

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #298015 by Carlos.Martinez3
I subcribe to many methods .
Many difrent religious and secular ways

To stop I use
5 things u see (presently where ur at in the moment )
3 things you hear
1 thing u smell.

I have been doing this for years . As I practiced I began to do them more ... Ground ly ..er as in do them ... Try... To bundle them up so it like meditation time ... Stop time ... Need a break time ... I see find 5 things and... 3 things I hear and ... Then 1 smell ... I try to take that in as much as possible .it calms my monkey mind .. So to speak and gives him somthimg to do. I've done it so many times it feels like I'm dropping reality for a bit , not ignoring it but just stepping away from all the things I've put in my head and have let in by just life and time. Let's face it this world will try to gain your attention with many difrent ways...even buy time on tv... This to me is a "advertisement " for nature. I hone it to nature , some times it's family based ...farm based or fact based. It's so useful! Hope it helps 5 3 1 see hear smell. Your chooses and how long is to you ! Cheers and happy meditation!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi