Sensation and Mantric Humming

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291387 by
Sit or lay in a comfortable position. Remember though to maintain a decent posture. Take a few moments to focus on your breathing. Feel the air moving inside and the leaving again. Feel the tickle in your nose. Feel the pressure in your chest. Feel the length of each draw of air. Feel the air on your skin. The fabric of your clothes against your body. Feel your muscles. Feel you. After a few moments you will find a state of sensation that is almost overwhelming. Now you are ready.
Take a deep and fast breath. Now hum a note. Keep that note steady. Same pitch and same volume. Hold it for as long as you can keep it steady. Once you begin to strain exhale the rest(if any) and start again. Feel free to switch to a few notes if that feels more comfortable. Don't make it too complicated and lose point of the mantra.
Once you do this a few times you can perform the humming part in everyday life. On the go. I constantly use this at work with my own personal humming mantra. It keeps my mind quiet and my emotions calm. A quiet mind is a valuable tool in a heated battle.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291465 by
Replied by on topic Sensation and Mantric Humming
Interesting... I typically perform my meditation in this manner...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291480 by
The vibrations help me find my center.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #291540 by
I highly recommend any type of mantra and/or chanting meditation to anyone who has never tried it. It's a completely different experience and this is a great way to get started!
Thank you for sharing. :)
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291560 by
Thank you for reading!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi