Screen time

More
3 years 3 months ago #357223 by Carlos.Martinez3
Screen time was created by Carlos.Martinez3
As a parent, I want to continue to thank those who post here in this section. Thank you.
Do we as parents and as Modern day Jedi have a idea of screen time for our children's. In Discord we are chatting about video games and such. Do we as Modern Day Jedi allow our kids to play video games or watch the screen as much as us? Is there a limit? Do we have a balance on it or not as parents trying to teach our own children new ideas? Looking forward to sharing more with yall.

Are video games bad for Jedi younglings? please share.
Is watching too much TV bad for us really? Can screen time be managed better or is there a way ya do it at your home stead?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 3 months ago #357374 by
Replied by on topic Screen time
Hi as a jedi padawon i find that my parents limit my time on my phone to 8 hours and 3 hours on my games console. Hope this helps

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 2 months ago #358473 by
My kid play online games mo more than an hour per day

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #358539 by
or two hours on weekends, we use VeePN to protect privacy while playing games, it's important 'coz there are too many online snoopers on the Internet these days.I think it's a must have tool for every Internet user.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 2 months ago #358571 by
Okay, the question is not an easy one to answer. First of all, I think it's important to act as a role model. Why should a child
accept regulations if their parents don't adhere to them.

We have made clear NO SCREEN times with our kids.
Eating together, for example, game evenings, or when we just sit together and talk.
Bedtime is sacred, a cell phone or tablet has no business here.
It's different with a teenager, rebellion is part teenagedom. Trying out is part of it. breaking rules too.
If the teen falls out of bed in the morning with dark circles under her eyes, then that's the way it is ...;)

I am not a fan of extremly strict rules or controlling the Wifi. Education also means trust. On both sides.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #358581 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Screen time
Freedom is dangerous.

The companies making the devices that we use to access the internet are exploitative and do not have any regard to our best interests or respect to our lives.

I think the internet should continue to be dangerous. The best thing about the WWW is that it exposes us to ideas that we would never have imagined on our own. Ideas are dangerous. Ideas are also powering. We need social support, people around us who care about us -we dont need to be protected from all of the ideas that happen to be floating around.

The research is very clear about brain development in children. Keep your kids away from devices.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 2 months ago #358619 by
I am aware that dealing with IT, the www and devices requires responsibility and education.
Freedom in itself is not dangerous, but how to use it should be taught. Bans don't help - but education does.

Computers, tablets and smartphones are part of everyday life today, just like the Walkman, the Gameboy, the first
Atari console and the first computers (Commodore C64) in my childhood. The same discussions that are being held
today were also held then.

"The Walkman makes you deaf, the Gameboy blind, the console stupid ... and the computer is the devil in itself."

Accordingly, everyone between 40 and 60 would have to be deaf, blind, stupid and diabolical today ...;)

This in turn shows me that people do not really change, only the technology around us.
Our kids grow up in an environment in which the www and the corresponding devices are part of everyday life. The handling
cannot be prevented at all. It is our task as parents to show them the balance and to give them a reasonable balance for their life.
Of course, provided that we ourselves have this balance ...;)

With clear and comprehensible rules it will work. they don't prevent quarrels, but they are still part of growing up... ;)

Moderators: ZeroVerheilenRiniTavi