A message from some one else...

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #351846 by Kohadre

Deimos wrote: It is definitely a tricky situation is the sense of where does one draw the line. If we are to actually change aspects of their culture it couldn't be by force as that would just cause more problems. That's partly what I was getting at in my post, so I do apologize for not clarifying. We can only do so much, and forcing the change is something we cannot do without causing future problems.

I appreciate you going into additional detail, so I suppose I will in the same spirit.

Force is somewhat of a spectrum of escalation, not dissimilar from other day to day events.

I.e; Forced to do as instructed (physical);
Forced to understand the consequences of your actions (intellectual)
Forced to deal with the consequences of your actions (penal)
Forced to deal with the consequences of others actions (victim / submissive).

To add further perspective to this post.

Unsuitable for 'human life to flourish': Up to 3B will live in extreme heat by 2070
Source: Climate change to force massive migrations

Summarized within spoiler tag for readability.

Warning: Spoiler!

So, one way or another; we are forced to either resolve this problem before it becomes a problem, or we will be forced to deal with the consequences of allowing that problem to develop.

Not that the solution to the above problem requires violent force, but some form of force will be involved regardless of what choice (or lack of) solution we proceed forwards with.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Kohadre. Reason: Spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 10 months ago #351855 by
Replied by on topic A message from some one else...
I will agree with you on the fact that we will, in the given scenario of global warming, have to deal with it. I meant forcing more in a philosophical sense, if that makes sense. I guess a common example is when people use their belief systems to force/shame others who don't share their beliefs into either changing their beliefs or habits in general. That's what I mean when I say we can't just force change in that sense because if people aren't willing to accept the change then what will be the point? It could just cause more problems. Not saying change is bad, but I've seen people with the mindset of rapid change "on a dime" per say and some don't seem to understand the backlash. Without getting too much into it, it's political.

More
3 years 9 months ago #352158 by jedijoshuabe
In this time of hardship and fear...Families have been spending unending amounts of time together...with bars closed people have slowed down their "social drinking"...with restaurants shutdown folks have had to cook at home...Even things like sneaking off to have affairs by saying "I have a business meeting" have been hindered more than any other time in history...companies are learning that the big office scenario isn't always necessary. Pollution has dropped below levels that we haven't seen in many years...essential workers are finally getting their due amount of respect. We've seen so many AWEmazing feats of selflessness that would not have otherwise been noticed if it weren't for how difficult things are getting.

The balance will always be restored by the Force.

I'm so fortunate for having found the Temple during this down time. It has allowed me to be laser focused on my studies, and it has provided me with a refreshing amount of support just by digitally mingling with like minded folks.

Overall, the hardships of this world push me ever closer to softness in my heart and mind.

~~May the Force be with yUs ALL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #352230 by Adder
I'm not sure Tibetan Buddhism, or the Tibetan Government in Exile, has much to do at all with India, its society, or its government!?

The Dalai Lama isn't even part of the Indian legislature AFAIK?

That said, about a hundred years ago Tibet did have a lot of problems..... but that was a long time ago, in a rather poor and inhospitable part of the world.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Adder.

More
3 years 9 months ago #352232 by Kohadre

Adder wrote: I'm not sure Tibetan Buddhism, or the Tibetan Government in Exile, has much to do at all with India, its society, or its government!?

The Dalai Lama isn't even part of the Indian legislature AFAIK?

That said, about a hundred years ago Tibet did have a lot of problems..... but that was a long time ago, in a rather poor and inhospitable part of the world.

I'd suggest re-reading the problems outlined in the referenced post.

The issue I had was the Llama's endorsement of India, given India's history of systemic corruption; environmental policy, and treatment of minority groups within the country. The post clearly outlines this, as well as provides material to support it's argument; so I'm not sure where your confusion about it's intent is coming from.

So long and thanks for all the fish

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #352248 by Adder

Kohadre wrote: I'd suggest re-reading the problems outlined in the referenced post.

The issue I had was the Llama's endorsement of India, given India's history of systemic corruption; environmental policy, and treatment of minority groups within the country. The post clearly outlines this, as well as provides material to support it's argument; so I'm not sure where your confusion about it's intent is coming from.

Oh, sorry I didn't and still don't see that in it. Here is how I read it;

Kohadre wrote: This actually made me somewhat ill reading..

No mention here.

Kohadre wrote: India has been treating Muslims and other minority communities horrible throughout this crisis, with their government itself encouraging violence. Muslims have been beaten, killed, or otherwise openly tortured both in their homes and while out in public. Business owners have had their shops robbed, vandalized, or otherwise destroyed through arson or improvised explosives. Their environmental policy is corrupt beyond measure, with certain officials being quoted as saying "Dilution is the solution to pollution". The majority of the populous is also severely psychotic, believing their their shit filled; toxic "holy" river will cure them of both disease and the burden of reincarnation.

No mention here. Seems to be about India specifically with no mention of Tibetan Buddhism or the Dalai Lama.

Kohadre wrote: Their caste system which has been in place for millennia is a further extension of these policies and cultural acceptance of psychotic governance.

No mention here. Seems to be about India specifically with no mention of Tibetan Buddhism or the Dalai Lama.

Kohadre wrote: The llama variation of Buddhism itself has a dark, corrupt, violent past; of which the Dali llama sits upon the pinnacle. For the reverence that many people hold him and his flavor in Buddhism in, it seems that the actual history and practice of said organization remains largely unknown or otherwise ignored.

No mention of connection to India, just seems to sit separately about Tibetan Buddhism and the Dalai Lama.

Kohadre wrote: I really could not be more disappointed that this is the role model people choose to follow, especially given our current crisis.

No mention of connection to India, just seems to be about Tibetan Buddhism or the Dalai Lama separately?

So to me, you put two things together but make no mention of how or what the relationship is meant to be for you. I tend to try not make assumptions, so you simply might have not known...

BUT, I get it now you've explained it's his support of India which you disagree with. I guess he is referencing the factors which are important to his area of responsibility, being the Tibetan's living in exile within India, and as such they are his host and also suffer or benefit from the response to COVID-19 that India may or may not make. You can't assault the host of the house your staying at too much I suppose.... especially not for things not against his people directly, or for things he cannot influence in anyway. I guess it's just not the topic of the letter and it's also not a good idea to hate on everything bad about the world at every opportunity just like one can't be expected to preach what they believe in at every opportunity.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3