A message from some one else...

More
3 years 11 months ago #351793 by Carlos.Martinez3
A Special Message from His Holiness the Dalai Lama

My dear brothers and sisters,

I am writing these words in response to repeated requests from many people around the world. Today, we are passing through an exceptionally difficult time due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.

In addition to this, further problems confront humanity such as extreme climate change. I would like to take this opportunity to express my admiration and gratitude to governments across the world, including the Government of India, for the steps they are taking to meet these challenges.

Ancient Indian tradition describes the creation, abiding and destruction of worlds over time. Among the causes of such destruction are armed conflict and disease, which seems to accord with what we are experiencing today. However, despite the enormous challenges we face, living beings, including humans, have shown a remarkable ability to survive.

No matter how difficult the situation may be, we should employ science and human ingenuity with determination and courage to overcome the problems that confront us. Faced with threats to our health and well-being, it is natural to feel anxiety and fear. Nevertheless, I take great solace in the following wise advice to examine the problems before us: If there is something to be done—do it, without any need to worry; if there’s nothing to be done, worrying about it further will not help.

Everyone at present is doing their best to contain the spread of the coronavirus. I applaud the concerted efforts of nations to limit the threat. In particular, I appreciate the initiative India has taken with other [South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation] countries to set up an emergency fund and an electronic platform to exchange information, knowledge and expertise to tackle the spread of Covid-19. This will serve as a model for dealing with such crises in future as well.

I understand that as a result of the necessary lockdowns across the world, many people are facing tremendous hardship due to a loss of livelihood. For those with no stable income life is a daily struggle for survival. I earnestly appeal to all concerned to do everything possible to care for the vulnerable members of our communities.

I offer special gratitude to the medical staff—doctors, nurses and other support personnel—who are working on the frontline to save lives at great personal risk. Their service is indeed compassion in action.

With heartfelt feelings of concern for my brothers and sisters around the world who are passing through these difficult times, I pray for an early end to this pandemic so that your peace and happiness may soon be restored.

With my prayers,

Dalai Lama

This can be found here ...
https://savetibet.org/in-message-on-covid-19-pandemic-dalai-lama-says-it-is-natural-to-feel-anxious/

Not my content not my words not even my site so all glory - fame credit and so forth goes over there.
Force continue to be with us all.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, MichaelD, jedijoshuabe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #351819 by Kohadre
This actually made me somewhat ill reading..

India has been treating Muslims and other minority communities horrible throughout this crisis, with their government itself encouraging violence. Muslims have been beaten, killed, or otherwise openly tortured both in their homes and while out in public. Business owners have had their shops robbed, vandalized, or otherwise destroyed through arson or improvised explosives. Their environmental policy is corrupt beyond measure, with certain officials being quoted as saying "Dilution is the solution to pollution". The majority of the populous is also severely psychotic, believing their their shit filled; toxic "holy" river will cure them of both disease and the burden of reincarnation.

Their caste system which has been in place for millennia is a further extension of these policies and cultural acceptance of psychotic governance.

The llama variation of Buddhism itself has a dark, corrupt, violent past; of which the Dali llama sits upon the pinnacle. For the reverence that many people hold him and his flavor in Buddhism in, it seems that the actual history and practice of said organization remains largely unknown or otherwise ignored.

I really could not be more disappointed that this is the role model people choose to follow, especially given our current crisis.

So long and thanks for all the fish

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 11 months ago #351820 by
Replied by on topic A message from some one else...
The way I see it, it's their country and it's not our place to decide how they go about their daily lives.

More
3 years 11 months ago #351822 by Rosalyn J
That being said, we could be aware that Kohadre is not wrong. I'd be careful with putting anyone on a pedastal wholesale. I was unaware of the extent of this.

Kohadre, how can we provide support to our marginalized communities?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
3 years 11 months ago #351823 by Kohadre

Deimos wrote: The way I see it, it's their country and it's not our place to decide how they go about their daily lives.

I disagree.

The problems their country has generated do not stay within their borders.

Their pollution affects the health of the overall worldwide community. Their violence destabilizes the greater worldwide community. Their psychosis of religion also infects others who may otherwise be of sound mind and logical capacity.

Out of sight, out of mind is a failed policy which has caused too much damage already.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #351824 by Carlos.Martinez3
Challenge :

Can you post a encouraging word from some one you do find worth passing? Currently ?

Building up - not tearing down.

The intent was to share - as always, encouragement. Got any? Maybe a message from some one ... else ?

Edit : remember

Levels

... and not every body likes Star Wars.

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre

More
3 years 11 months ago #351825 by Kohadre

Rosalyn J wrote: That being said, we could be aware that Kohadre is not wrong. I'd be careful with putting anyone on a pedastal wholesale. I was unaware of the extent of this.

Kohadre, how can we provide support to our marginalized communities?

I don't know the best way to provide; nor prioritize that which is most needed to our marginalized communities.

However,

I would address that task (if appointed) first by attacking the centuries worth of discriminatory policies and legislation which have demonized and/or otherwise given cause to discredit the concerns of these communities. Once that foundation of hate and intolerance is demolished and one based on unification* is built in it's place, can our society ever hope to truly prosper.

I use the term unification in the above sentence as well, because I believe we are now in a position where acceptance, tolerance, and the embracing of others are no longer enough. Acceptance implies having something to accept, and tolerance implying enduring something undesirable which would otherwise preferably be "removed".

A society can only ever be as rich as it's poorest citizen, and as successful as it's most disparate community. Provide people the means to provide for themselves, regardless of what you (metaphorical) believe that support should come in the form of.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
3 years 11 months ago #351826 by Kohadre

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Challenge :

Can you post a encouraging word from some one you do find worth passing? Currently ?

The intent was to share - as always, encouragement. Got any? Maybe a message from some one ... else ?

Edit : remember

Levels

... and not every body likes Star Wars.

In the nature of the direction the thread has taken, compared to the direction intended; hopefully the three below will suffice.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

More
3 years 11 months ago #351827 by Carlos.Martinez3
*quite honestly - we as a family were listening over pizza to that very speech a few days ago - thank you for sharing it. It did my heart good and encourages me to see parallels in real life.

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 11 months ago #351828 by
Replied by on topic A message from some one else...
It is definitely a tricky situation is the sense of where does one draw the line. If we are to actually change aspects of their culture it couldn't be by force as that would just cause more problems. That's partly what I was getting at in my post, so I do apologize for not clarifying. We can only do so much, and forcing the change is something we cannot do without causing future problems.