2020 Virtual Jedi Gathering is a GO!!!

More
3 years 10 months ago #351713 by FTPC
Nakis
Most likely the winter. I most commonly hear it to refer to the time between Thanksgiving and shortly after New Year.

Nope
why do I would say because of Christmas, can't have much of a gathering with people shopping and thinking about family plans near Christmas

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #351722 by Zero
I think she is referring to the Jedi holiday season....there used to be a spot here somewear with all the Jedi holidays listed....and there were a few around now. I’ll keep looking to see if I can find it.

May 25th is Jediism day- a day to celebrate the Jedi path.

Edit- I found it...it’s n the faq page under days of significance

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Zero.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #351769 by Alethea Thompson
Winter (Thanksgiving-New Years timeframe) :).

Teddy, that's exactly the reason it would be Virtual. Because there aren't enough people that would come out to a physical gathering in the winter simply because they are slotting all that vacation time for family.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Alethea Thompson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis, Rex

More
3 years 10 months ago #351773 by FTPC
Thanks Ally :)

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

More
3 years 10 months ago #351818 by Alethea Thompson
Chris, Aimee & I are working on getting the RPG together. So that we can just jump into the game, we're creating characters (with a complete background!) that participants can choose from- first come first serve when you arrive that first day. We're building 10 characters, and once they have them together we'll share with you who the are.

Although we are using the Genesys model, this RPG is built with the Jedi Community in mind. As such, our Game Master (Chris) may call on the player to justify their actions against the Jedi Compass (by the Jedi Community). Are you familiar with it? If not, you can brush up on what is written in the Jedi Compass here-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1937RzYp6MRx1mmKBJ98Nl7O7waDQ-rCXMIyxxvzbF4s/edit

If you go to the Library here, there's also a version of it in German, Dutch, Italian, and Pусский (Russian)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #352207 by Alethea Thompson
This week Chris and I worked on the Role-Playing Game. We've got characters now! So what can you expect? A Jedi Isekai!!! For those that do not know what an Isekai is, it's Japanese for "Different World". Our characters are real Jedi form this world, with real jobs and real aspirations, and are suddenly swept away into a fantasy world...where you get to meet gods and goddesses worshipped around our world, and actually get to use magical powers.
The Characters were developed using real-world information, meaning you can actually look up information about where they live, what their jobs entail, and their hobbies. All of these Jedi are connected by the internet, and 2 apprentice pairs actually know each other offline.

This is just the introduction, but we'll be releasing their profiles over the course of the week. Remember, those of you that come for the Role Playing Game, it's first to come first pick- so if you have a character in mind, it's best to show up early and call dibs. ;) Oh, and for anyone that wanted to Blonde in a Black Dress? Sorry, that one's mine. Her name is Setanaoko...kinda hard to steal it from me, lol ;).

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Alethea Thompson.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #352227 by Rosalyn J
Where's the one with the glasses and fro named Falon?

Or even sticks?

I been cheated :p

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Rosalyn J.

More
3 years 9 months ago #352258 by Alethea Thompson
:D I'm sure you'll love some of our others. One of my favorites to create was the Muslim Jedi Banu Heydari. ^^

Want to learn more about each character? We've got their profiles here!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e5cIfND0TY_anaK4Wi9I_OR4DUtSIKRp/view?fbclid=IwAR07HI9dLqSuKNi3PS1DoS7AnZj5Q2PfbMslCW4ehvM9kZnyGQpH1cnTFYY

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
3 years 9 months ago #352572 by Alethea Thompson
Jedi Master Chef Ross has come up with a shopping list for anyone that is wanting to participate in the cooking show each night! :D

Friday we'll have Endorian Chicken Roulade
Saturday Ackbar Fish Tacos and
Sunday Obi-Wan Cannolis

Make sure to put these ingriedients on your grocery list!!

Attachment EndorianChickenRoulade.png not found

Attachment AckbarFishTacosIngredients_CrunchyFishSticksPreferablynotBeerBattered1bagofColeSlawMixShreddedCarrotsCabbage1bunchofCilantro1PackageofFlourTortillasGroundCuminHoney4LimesChili.png not found

Attachment ObiWanCannoliIngredients_8oz.ofCreamCheese16oz.ContainerofRicottaCheese1lb.BagofPowderedSugarPremadeCannoliShellsBagofMiniChocolateChipsEquipment_LargeBowlRubberSpatulaMeasuringCup-2.png not found

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Attachments:

More
3 years 9 months ago #352680 by Alethea Thompson
https://discord.gg/jm8zGCc

Hey everyone!! The VJG discord is up. I'll take some opportunities throughout the day to get people aquainted with some of the features. :)

I'll be running a Character Development (for the Role-Playing Game) at some point today, but you'll need to join the Discord to see when I post it up for. After this announcement, I'll be moving all announcements to the Discord and Facebook Event Page. :) Hope to see you there!!!

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex,