Details Magazine Article November 2013 Issue - Jedi Religion

More
10 years 6 months ago #122755 by Br. John
http://www.details.com/culture-trends/critical-eye/201311/star-wars-religion-church-of-jedi

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Jestor, rugadd, Archon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #122759 by
Interesting, interesting stuff right there...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #122761 by
I don't know how to feel about the article. haha. It takes a slightly derogatory tone but with a lot of concession. Like, "Look at these nerds!", "But, they're also pretty sensible..."

hahah.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #122765 by

Connor Lidell wrote: I don't know how to feel about the article. haha. It takes a slightly derogatory tone but with a lot of concession. Like, "Look at these nerds!", "But, they're also pretty sensible..."

hahah.

Yeah...I felt the same way.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #122796 by

Connor Lidell wrote: I don't know how to feel about the article. haha. It takes a slightly derogatory tone but with a lot of concession. Like, "Look at these nerds!", "But, they're also pretty sensible..."

hahah.

That's very Details, though. :) Most of their articles are kind of sarcastic in tone, but if you read between the lines they usually mean well.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 6 months ago #122797 by RyuJin
I'm having serious deja vu with this thread :laugh:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #122798 by
That's good to know. I have NEVER read (I think) Details before.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #122830 by
It was an interesting article... I still don't understand the importance of Opie... to anything here... I guess that is a result of us evolving entirely independently (pretty much) of much of the rest of the community.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #122836 by
Yeah, some people like to think that once one website was started, all others grew from the same beginning. Not all websites belong to the Kharis Praxeum lineage. However, the Kharis Praxeum lineage did give birth to the largest offline movement (granted, is 20-30 people), but the Chicago Jedi and the Heartland Jedi are two of the most active groups in communities.

So, that being said, Opie is certainly a central figure in that evolution, as he ran websites and generally attempted to disturb the peace on multiple occasions.

Like you said, though, it's not of too much consequence here.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 6 months ago #122843 by RyuJin
If I were to pick 5 "pillars" from totjo ( I use pillars instead of "central figure")...it would probably look like this:

Br. John
Kana seiko haruki/garm
Neaj pa bol
Jon/tiamat
War beauty/akkarin

Of course that's tchnically more than 5....but those are the ones that were central before my arrival and during a good portion of my time here....

If I were to use only those that are currently active the list would look quite different...and despite my time here, contributions, and effort I still don't think i'd be comfortable including myself in that new list...I'm just a mindless little monkey that occasionally manages to do something smart...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)