Please keep all discussion here confidential

Invitation to Rant/Talk

More
3 years 11 months ago #351540 by Nakis
This is my open door for people who need to blow off some steam or talk. Feel free to contact me here via messages or via Discord.

This is a stressful time for all, and sometimes we just need to talk or rant for a bit. I want to make that available to those who need it.

Requests:

Understand I may not get right away back to you. I work full time, have college work, and have a family. I will get back to you, just not right away. You can schedule time if you'd like.

Please let me know if you want a response, you want solutions if I have any, or if you just want to throw words at a wall and have someone listening.

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, Diana W

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #351651 by Cheb
Replied by Cheb on topic Invitation to Rant/Talk
For my part what shocks me the most is the reaction of people. A global crisis, thousands of deaths quickly and although some help each other show a selfishness without a blind eye.

This crisis removes me more from human nature, I try to make an effort but most people deserve nothing and in no case deserves that We Jedi give our time for them.

In my country people are rushing into the supermarket, when they should be confined, they go out because there is sunshine to later complain that the government is asking people to go to work.
They want everything without doing anything and without giving anything, we live in a time of selfishness and laziness and unfortunately even we Jedi cannot change human nature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenith Felwood, Diana W

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 11 months ago #351700 by
Replied by on topic Invitation to Rant/Talk
I would say the biggest issue right now is the mindset of the people. I see two "sides" if you will: the economic side, and the moral side. My meaning is the economy v.s the people affected and how we should approach it. Both are important so we should, imo, strive to find a compromise. IE slowly reopening, which NC is, to avoid maximum cases while also slowly rebuilding the economy. The problem from where I stand is that the extremes on those sides, being economy-focused and people-focused, want everything reopened and all-but saying fuck the weak ones, while the other says fuck the economy we must save everyone, which is basically impossible without throwing the economy down the hole. That's where I see frustration; the lack of balance because both sides wants to be "right"

More
3 years 7 months ago #354231 by Zenith Felwood
I'm going be a bit of a hypocrite. But we as Jedi are the choosen ones to show what human nature should be. These are dark times. We as Jedi should be a light. What ever that light might look like. Maybe it's making a vent fourm like this? Maybe it's sharing knowledge? Maybe it's standing up for what is right? What ever it is don't let the dark times define who you are as Jedi.

My encouragement during these times.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #354233 by Zenith Felwood
With all do respect I do recall seeing a covid rant before as well...

Just saying
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Zenith Felwood.

More
3 years 7 months ago #354240 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Invitation to Rant/Talk
I was mistaken. It IS a bit frustrating to see that this is now fast approaching 6 months.

The longer this drags on the less inclined I am to believe that things will return to some sense of normal

I'm also pissed that in the US this has become a partisan issue.
The partisan-ness of it all is making it difficult not to give into ideas of conspiracy

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
3 years 7 months ago #354243 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Invitation to Rant/Talk
Conspiracy is a bit like god, for when things cannot immediately be explained and you have no obvious other answer (even if there may be one). I feel that a lot of what is happening is because of fear. Some channel that fear into the sensible measures we are being asked to do, other are channeling it through denial. I suspect people always react these ways in the face of such times, we just get to see all the ugly faces of it at once now.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3, Diana W

More
3 years 1 month ago #359120 by River
Replied by River on topic Invitation to Rant/Talk
I had covid in April of 2020. Not a mild case, but not a ventilator case. Probably should have gone to hospital a few times but I didn't, because if what I had wasn't covid I didn't want to be exposed on top of whatever I had.

Now I have long haul covid syndrome. Which stinks but it's been nearly a year and I'm learning to cope.

I just got my first vaccine shot though, four days ago, and I feel like absolute crap. I dread the second jab, which is when most people say they have a bit of feeling bad after. I'll get it anyway, of course.

I just needed a vent; I'm so done with coughing all the time and wheezing when I have to walk to to the bathroom. :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Vincent Causse

More
3 years 1 month ago #359122 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic Invitation to Rant/Talk
That does suck. I've not had covid (knock on wood). I don't think I'd be in good shape if I did get it. But this past year my health has not been good. Not just blood pressure, but my lungs wheeze, my sinuses are crap, nothing helps. Not a good year for anyone.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, River

More
2 years 11 months ago #360190 by Vincent Causse
So yes some time it s good to rant, a little bit. So i didnt get covid so far, but it s sinking my bread maker, the wife and me had to do all sort of other work to make end meet and some time the head of the month is not catching the tail. So it does stink, main stress factor is to be worried not to be able to buy food. Man i hope it s gonna be over soon! I own a play group day care, we had to stay open because some parents still work but we re getting less and less kids and the government still isnt opening schools !! it a disaster, for kids and for schools owners. That s it, it enough i try not to think about it :-) I must think about the ones who are actually sick and have it worse than us.
May the force be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi