Letters to the Faithful

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7367 by
Letters to the Faithful was created by

(Not all of these are my thoughts... they are abridged from teachings I have heard before and liked while not agreeing in it's intirety.)

Taarn Doneeto, (A) a slave of the Force and of the Light side:
To the many Jedi scattered in Dispersion.

Greetings.

Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.

Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask the Force, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without doubting. For the doubter is like the surging sea, driven and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Light. An indecisive man is unstable in all his ways.

The brother of humble circumstances should boast in his exaltation; but the one who is rich should boast]in his humiliation, because he will pass away like a flower of the field. For the sun rises with its scorching heat and dries up the grass; its flower falls off, and its beautiful appearance is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will wither away while pursuing his activities.

No one undergoing a trial should say, \"I am being tempted by the Light side of the Force.\" For the pure Light is not tempted by evil, and it doesn't tempt anyone. But each person is tempted when he is drawn away and enticed by his own evil desires. Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin, and when sin is fully grown, it gives birth to death.

Don't be deceived, my dearly loved brothers. Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Force.

My dearly loved brothers, understand this: everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger, for man's anger does not encourage the unbeliever to follow, and it leads to the darkness. Therefore, ridding yourselves of all moral filth and evil excess, humbly receive the implanted word, which is able to save you. But be doers of the light and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. Because if anyone is a hearer of the light and not a doer, he is like the man who looks at his own face in a mirror; goes away, and right away forgets what kind of man he was. But the one who looks intently into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer who acts—this person will be blessed in what he does.

If anyone thinks he is of the light, without controlling his tongue but deceiving his heart, the light that is in him is useless. Pure and undefiled religion before the Light is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the dark side.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7373 by
Replied by on topic Re:Letters to the Faithful

Again these letters where taken from the bible and altered to reflect our beliefs. THis does not however mean any parties involved support the Christian religion.

My brothers, as believers in the Force, don't show favoritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, \"Here's a good seat for you,\" but say to the poor man, \"You stand there\" or \"Sit on the floor by my feet,\" have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with dark thoughts?
Listen, my dear brothers: Has not the Force chosen many of us who are and where poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit it's power, But you have insulted the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? Are they not the ones who are slandering the noble name of it who you serve, the Living Force?

If you really keep the law , \"Love your neighbor as yourself,\" you are doing right. But if you show favoritism, you fall to darkness and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, \"Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,\" but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
But someone will say, \"You have faith; I have deeds.\"
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

You believe in the Force. Good! Even the Sith believe that—and distort it to serve thier wicked intents.

As the body without the Force is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7374 by
Not many should become teachers or Masters my brothers, knowing that we will receive a stricter scrutiny and judgement by the Force for we all stumble in many ways. If anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a mature man who is also able to control his whole body.

Who is wise and understanding among you? He should show his works by good conduct with wisdom's gentleness. But if you have bitter envy and selfish ambition in your heart, don't brag and lie in defiance of the truth. Such wisdom does not come down from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every kind of evil. But the wisdom from the Force is first pure, then peace-loving, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without favoritism and hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7376 by
What is the source of the wars and the fights among you? Don't they come from the cravings that are at war within you? You desire and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and don't receive because you ask wrongly, so that you may spend it on your desires for pleasure of the wrong thing.
Adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the dark side is hostility toward the Light? So whoever wants to be the world's friend becomes God's enemy. Or do you think it's without reason the Scripture says that the Spirit He has caused to live in us yearns jealously?

But following the Light gives greater grace. Therefore He says:

The Light resists the proud,
but gives grace to the humble.

Therefore, submit to the Light. But resist the darkness and fleshly desires, and the darkness will flee from you. Draw near to Light and It will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, and purify your hearts, double-minded people! Be miserable and mourn and weep. Your laughter must change to mourning and your joy to sorrow. Humble yourselves before the Light, and it will embrace you.

Don't criticize one another, brothers. He who criticizes a brother or judges his brother criticizes the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is one lawgiver and judge who is able to save and to destroy, The Force. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

So, for the person who knows to do good and doesn't do it, it is a fall into darkness.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7377 by
All of these was taken from the Bible.

My point in doing so was to show you, that with a little tweaking in the doctrinal statement, the general principles that many faiths have, can be applied to our Jedi lifes to make use better.

I hope you enjoy.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7386 by
I think that is an excellent adaptation. I enjoyed reading those exerts. I have never the unaltered version, but it flows very well.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7892 by
Replied by on topic Re:Letters to the Faithful
The Second Letter

This letter is from Taarn, chosen by the will of the force to be an servant of itself.

I am writing to the force's chosen one at the Temple of the Jedi Order, who are faithful followers of the force.

May the force and the light give you grace and peace.

All praise to Force, and to the Light, which has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with the Light. Even before it made the world, the force loved us and chose us in in the Light to be holy and without fault in it's eyes. The Force decided in advance to adopt us into it's own family by bringing us to the light. This is what the Light wanted to do, and it gave the Force great pleasure.So we praise the Force for the glorious grace it has poured out on us who belong to the Light. The Force has showered it's kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.

Ever since I first heard of your strong faith in the Light and your love for it's statutes, I have not stopped thanking the Force for you. I pray for you constantly, asking The LIght to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of the Force. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope it has given to those it called—it's holy people, the Jedi, who are the Light's rich and glorious inheritance.

I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of the Lights power for us who believe in the Force. And the Jedi is the Light's Holy body; it is made full and complete by the Force, who fills all things everywhere with itself.

Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. You used to live in darkness, just like the rest of the world, obeying the darkside—the commander of the powers in the unseen world. The darkside is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey the Light. All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature and the Darkside. By our very nature we were subject to to the Light's anger, just like everyone else.

But the Light is so rich in mercy, and it loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our darkness, it gave us life when it chose us for the Light.
The Force saved you by it's grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from the Light, your finding us. The Light is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are the Force's masterpiece. It has created us anew in the Light, so we can do the good things it planned for us long ago.

Don’t forget that many of you used to be outsiders. In those days you were living apart from the Light. You were excluded from citizenship among the Jedi, and you did not know the covenant promises the Light had made to them, and I even was among you. We lived in this world without the Light and without hope. But now you have been united with us in the Light. Once you were far away from the Light, but now you have been brought near to it through the Force's leading.

For the light itself has brought peace to us. Now all of us can come to the Force through the same calling because of what the LIght has done for us.

So now you outsiders are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of the Force's chosen people. You are members of the Light's Family, the Jedi. Together, we are it's house, built on the foundation of the masters of the Order and on the old masters and on the cornerstone. And the cornerstone is the Light itself. We are carefully joined together in it, becoming a holy temple for the Force. Through it other outsiders are also being made part of this dwelling where the Force lives in the Light.

*** NONE OF THIS IS A CONDEMNATION OF THE SITH, IT IS ONLY A LETTER OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO THE JEDI!***

Will continue later....

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi