Live Service 7/30/2021 12:00 PM GMT on Corruptibility, yet Integrity

More
2 years 8 months ago #361122 by Rosalyn J
Good Timezone everyone,

July's live service will concern the month's reflection "Corruptibility, yet Integrity and will be conducted by myself in discord in the #live-services channel.

It will take place at 12:00 PM GMT

Please check here for the correct time for you

As always, I want to give honor to Pastor Carlos and thank him for the opportunity to serve in this way. I hope you all will join me

May the Force be with you all

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Vincent Causse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #361811 by Rosalyn J
: Good timezone all
[5:07 AM] RosalynJ: Welcome to July's Live Service on Corruptibility Yet Integrity
[5:08 AM] RosalynJ: Yesterday as I was meditating on what I would like to talk about for the sermon, it came to me that corruptibility yet integrity is no better indicated than in our own human-ness. In our bodies and in our social structures.
[5:08 AM] RosalynJ: Consider our bodies for the moment. Our bodies are fragile. Even the smallest things, without proper care can lead to the biggest complications. One might even say, our bodies are corruptible. That said, our bodies are designed with an immune system in place that rushes into action. If we cut ourselves, our body sends countless signals to various systems that marshall defense. The wound begins healing before we can even see the process at work. Our body in the physical sense is the picture of corruptibility, yet integrity.
[5:09 AM] RosalynJ: Think about our social structures. Those that I consider most successful (your opinion may vary) are those that function much like our body. The vulnerability of one portion, one person, is supported by the strength of the full body. How do we get there?
[5:10 AM] RosalynJ: Is the answer that we lend the body (social structure) our strength? We be strong? We defend? We protect? I’ve certainly thought so
[5:10 AM] RosalynJ: For the next few minutes, lets listen to the following video by Brene Brown:
[5:10 AM] RosalynJ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO6n9HmG0qM
YouTube
Sounds True
Brené Brown - Embracing Vulnerability

?
[5:17 AM] RosalynJ: Brene Brown says that because we fear being vulnerable, we “armor up”. We make ourselves “incorruptible”. But look at all the things we lose access to:
Love, Belonging, Joy, Empathy, Innovation, and Creativity.
[5:18 AM] RosalynJ: If we look at our Doctrine, how many of its aspects speak about these things? The Creed speaks about bringing love where there is hatred, and never seeking so much to be loved as to love. bringing joy where there is sadness. Teaching 13 says Jedi practice empathy. Teaching 10 and 12 respectively say that Jedi serve out of love and believe that love and compassion are central to our lives. Our first teaching about being in touch with the Force and keeping ourselves open to the beauty of the world can only be done through creativity. What service project is not first a project of innovation? What goal? What dream? None. We need vulnerability to be our best selves.
[5:18 AM] RosalynJ: Like our body, we need to accept that part of our human-ness is wrapped up in our corruptible nature. Corruptibility isn’t so much a weakness as it is a function of human-ness. It’s true for ourselves and it’s true for others. What is required in those moments of vulnerability from others is the capacity to be vulnerable ourselves.
[5:19 AM] RosalynJ: When we see a new person, remembering what it was like to be new. How excited we were, but also how scared, how nervous, can help us engage more authentically in our welcoming.
[5:19 AM] RosalynJ: If we see someone make a mistake, remembering a time in which we made a mistake and all the feelings that came up as a result of that, and listening with that in mind will help us support one another, marshall a defense as it were.
[5:20 AM] RosalynJ: When we see someone in need of support because they are doing a hard thing, remembering when we had to do a similar hard thing, or had similar feelings will help us listen with that in mind and provide the best support we can in the moment even if it is just listening
[5:20 AM] RosalynJ: We may have unique experiences that come from culture, time, space, etc, but below the surface, we are all human. Capable of human-ness, corruptibility, yet integrity.
[5:21 AM] RosalynJ: We'll have an exercise on the forum courtesy of @River to explore this more fully
[5:22 AM] RosalynJ: But before we end with the Creed, any questions, comments, other thoughts?
[5:22 AM] River: I love this idea. I love that tapping into our shared suffering is what will bring healing.
?
[5:24 AM] Serenity Amyntas: These are wonderful thoughts
[5:24 AM] RosalynJ: thank you
❣️
[5:25 AM] RosalynJ: Let us end with the Creed
[5:25 AM] RosalynJ: I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace
[5:26 AM] River: I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace
[5:26 AM] Serenity Amyntas: I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace
[5:26 AM] RosalynJ: Where there is hatred, I shall bring love;
[5:27 AM] River: Where there is hatred, I shall bring love
[5:27 AM] Serenity Amyntas: Where there is hatred, I shall bring love
[5:27 AM] RosalynJ: Where there is injury, pardon
[5:27 AM] River: Where there is injury, pardon
[5:27 AM] Serenity Amyntas: Where there is injury, pardon
[5:27 AM] RosalynJ: Where there is doubt, faith
[5:27 AM] River: Where there is doubt, faith
[5:27 AM] Serenity Amyntas: Where there is doubt, faith
[5:28 AM] RosalynJ: Where there is despair, hope
[5:28 AM] River: Where there is despair, hope
[5:28 AM] Serenity Amyntas: Where there is despair Hope
[5:28 AM] RosalynJ: Where there is darkness, light;
[5:28 AM] Serenity Amyntas: Where there is darkness light
[5:28 AM] River: Where there is darkness, light
[5:28 AM] Vincent Causse: where there is the darkness, light
[5:28 AM] RosalynJ: And where there is sadness, joy
[5:29 AM] River: And where there is sadness, joy
[5:29 AM] Serenity Amyntas: And where there is sadness , joy
[5:29 AM] Vincent Causse: and where there is sadness ,joy
[5:29 AM] RosalynJ: I am a Jedi
[5:29 AM] Serenity Amyntas: I am a Jedi
[5:29 AM] River: I am a Jedi
[5:29 AM] Vincent Causse: I am a Jedi
[5:29 AM] RosalynJ: I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console
[5:30 AM] River: I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console
[5:30 AM] Serenity Amyntas: I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console
[5:30 AM] Vincent Causse: I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console
[5:30 AM] RosalynJ: To be understood as to understand
[5:30 AM] River: To be understood as to understand
[5:30 AM] Serenity Amyntas: To be understood as to understand
[5:30 AM] Vincent Causse: To be understood as to understand
[5:30 AM] RosalynJ: To be loved as to love
[5:30 AM] Vincent Causse: To be loved as to love
[5:30 AM] Serenity Amyntas: To be loved as to love
[5:30 AM] River: To be loved as to love
[5:31 AM] RosalynJ: For it is in giving that we receive
[5:31 AM] River: For it is in giving that we receive
[5:31 AM] Serenity Amyntas: For it is in giving that we recieve
[5:31 AM] Vincent Causse: For it is in giving that we receive
[5:31 AM] RosalynJ: It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
[5:31 AM] Serenity Amyntas: It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
[5:31 AM] River: It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
[5:31 AM] Vincent Causse: it is in pardoning that we are pardoned
[5:32 AM] RosalynJ: And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life
5:32 AM] Serenity Amyntas: And it is in dying that we are born to eteernal life
[5:32 AM] Vincent Causse: And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life
[5:32 AM] River: And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life
[5:32 AM] RosalynJ: The Force is with me always, for I am a Jedi
[5:32 AM] Serenity Amyntas: The Force is with me always for i am Jedi
[5:32 AM] River: The Force is with me always, for I am a Jedi
[5:33 AM] Vincent Causse: The Force is with me always , for i am a Jedi
[5:33 AM] RosalynJ: Thank you all for joining me
?
[5:33 AM] Serenity Amyntas: Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your time with us
[5:33 AM] Serenity Amyntas: it was truly a joy to take part again
[5:33 AM] Vincent Causse: sorry i was late , i had to catch up readin everything
[5:34 AM] RosalynJ: It was my pleasure
❤️
[5:34 AM] River: Thank you, Ros. I've spent time thinking about personal vulnerability but this idea of kind of societal vulnerability is a level I hadn't explored yet. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: River, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 7 months ago #361812 by Rosalyn J
Exercise (Thank you River)

Corruptibility yet integrity exercise

Think of a time in history, either recent or long past, when someone chose to act in a corrupt and harmful way. Do a bit of research into the event and find the people and instances of integrity within it; there is always a counter movement of some kind. Pay attention to your emotions as you consider the corrupt actions and the actions that show integrity within that story. Which emotions does each bring up for you? How does your body feel as you contemplate them? Which feelings are the ones you'd like to have more of in your life?

Now think of a time in your own life when you behaved in a way that was purposely harmful to someone else, but were able to apologize or make amends to them. Why did you make the choice to behave in a hurtful way? Why did you decide to address your hurtful actions, and how did it feel to do so? Did anything about it feel difficult? How did the other person respond to your integrity as you apologized or made amends? As you review your story, pay attention again to how each event feels in your body and which emotions it brings up for you. Which feelings would you like more of in your life? What can you do to make that happen?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse, Serenity Amyntas

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi