Live Sermon August 31, 2016 9 p.m. GMT

More
7 years 6 months ago #254406 by Avalon
This appears to work for time zone conversions... link

At least in my own personal trial just now.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack.Troutman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #254407 by Jack.Troutman
It's the same I believe.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez

More
7 years 6 months ago #254408 by Edan

Cyan Sarden wrote: 9 p.m GMT what's that in UTC? Due to daylight savings time I'm having a hard time calculating the time zones and completely rely on the UTC calculator :-(

GMT and UTC are the same thing.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #254412 by
UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) mean the same thing; you may be thinking of British time which is currently an hour ahead, or GMT+1. Since you live in Switzerland, Cyan, you're two hours ahead of UTC: GMT+2, which means this sermon will be at 11 PM your time.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

More
7 years 6 months ago #254414 by Jack.Troutman

Adi wrote: UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) mean the same thing; you may be thinking of British time which is currently an hour ahead, or GMT+1. Since you live in Switzerland, Cyan, you're two hours ahead of UTC: GMT+2, which means this sermon will be at 11 PM your time.

Thanks Adi ,that was great!

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

More
7 years 6 months ago #254419 by Cyan Sarden

Adi wrote: UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) mean the same thing; you may be thinking of British time which is currently an hour ahead, or GMT+1. Since you live in Switzerland, Cyan, you're two hours ahead of UTC: GMT+2, which means this sermon will be at 11 PM your time.

Thank you!

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #254421 by Cyan Sarden

Cyan Sarden wrote:

Thank you!

I know that CET is one hour ahead of GMT (plus another hour during DST) - what I don't know is when the individual countries outside of Europe switch to DST and back. I believe the US doesn't do so at the same time as Europe, so I simply rely on the UTC chart. Sorry for my ignorance in terms of UTC and GMT.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Cyan Sarden.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #254424 by
No worries. CET is GMT+2, but this time of year, you're on CEST (presumably, Central European Summer Time), which is GMT+2. Daylight saving time is a pain, innit?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

More
7 years 6 months ago #254425 by Edan

Adi wrote: No worries. CET is GMT+2, but this time of year, you're on CEST (presumably, Central European Summer Time), which is GMT+2. Daylight saving time is a pain, innit?

I'm on BST (British Standard Time)... only 1 hour different from UTC which is what the UK is on the rest of the year.. sometimes I still struggle to figure out what time the sermon is! :P

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

More
7 years 6 months ago #255064 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment h49ea736.jpg not found

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack.Troutman