Live Service – In Defense of the Temple - Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 2100 UTC

More
8 years 7 months ago #203033 by Breeze el Tierno
Hello everyone! :laugh:

I will be delivering a live service called In Defense of the Temple on Wednesday, the 23rd of September, 2015 at 2100 UTC. To see that in your time zone, please click here .

The sermon will be held, as always, in the Temple chat room.

I hope to see you there! Thanks so much! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #203374 by Breeze el Tierno

Attachment h2cd0740.png not found

and a Countdown!

See you tomorrow!
:laugh:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
8 years 7 months ago #203375 by Cyan Sarden
Out bowling with 35 students - but I'll read it later!

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

More
8 years 7 months ago #203382 by Breeze el Tierno
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

More
8 years 7 months ago #203472 by Ben
BUMP

This service is taking place today in about 3.5 hours time... :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Breeze el Tierno

More
8 years 7 months ago #203496 by Breeze el Tierno
Perhaps this is unnecessary, but I am a fan of propriety and I would feel remiss if I let this go unsaid.

I apologize for being late to my own sermon today. I was involved in a medical emergency and could not simply step away until it was taken from my hands. I will not go into particulars. I only mention this to say that I would not waste anyone’s time for frivolous reasons. Regardless of the reasons, I must still apologize.

To my delight, the chat room was filled with people when I returned. I’m not certain what you were up to, but it meant that I got to offer my sermon anyway. I understand that you all did not stay for my benefit. I do not think anyone thought I would be returning. All the same, I am grateful that you were all there. I am grateful for every listener at every sermon, but today was particularly challenging.

My client is deteriorating. As far as I am aware, nothing can be done for him. We can only manage his quality of life, and that only as long as he is able to make sense of his own experience. He will likely pass three or four years. It is unlikely he will be able to think in the casual sense beyond two years. On days like today, my sense of my own powerlessness runs deep. The chance to make the offering of a sermon is a chance to feel useful. For that, for the gift of your attention, my gratitude also runs deep.

Please take beautiful care of yourselves. Goodnight.

And thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Cyan Sarden

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi