Keep him in your thoughts.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #76327 by
A very close friend of mine was in a terrible car wreck last night. They think he is going to live but its fairly serious. Those of you who are the praying type please keep him in your thoughts and ask the force to pull him through.

The topic of the thread is the idea of us guiding the force through thought, meditation, prayer, or action in real life. What do you all think? Does the will of the universe conform to the desires of man, or do the desires of man just happen to on occasion coincide with Universal Will? (The Force)

I have my own thoughts on this issue but they tend to waver. Sometimes I feel we have little to no choice in how things play out. Sometimes I feel we are able to make small choices but not really large ones. Other times I feel like the Force simply plays out the actions we would have made anyway, already knowing how things will end in any and all situations. I just feel we are sort of adrift in a river of fate I suppose. We never really have much choice, but choice is irrelevant anyway. We make decisions according to desire which is just the name we give the culmination of our history, preference based on taste, and available options. At no given time is any decision really freely made.

So I suppose in that regard willing the Force to be kind to my friend may be silly, but its still a small comfort to my mind.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #76347 by
Replied by on topic Re: Keep him in your thoughts.

Barrera wrote: The topic of the thread is the idea of us guiding the force through thought, meditation, prayer, or action in real life. What do you all think? Does the will of the universe conform to the desires of man, or do the desires of man just happen to on occasion coincide with Universal Will?

Our soul or higher self is always compatible with the will of the Universe. It is our ego that goes against the flow. The outcome is not always compatible with what our ego desires or wants.

My thoughts will be with your friend.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #76350 by
Replied by on topic Re: Keep him in your thoughts.
First of all, I sincerely wish you and your friend a solid recovery from this accident. I wish you strength and discipline during this really chaotic and hurtful time in your life.

I wish your friend a solid recovery. Not necessarily a "complete" recovery, since I can imagine that life will not be the same after this event, and it would be unrealistic to wish for that.

Know that hundreds of people will read this post and, even though only a few will respond, I am certain that everyone will be thinking about both of you, thinking and behaving with happy vibes, and learning from this.

Second, I'll try to answer your question about the nature/will of the force/universe: this is my own opinion on the matter.

In essence, the Force is a philosophy. I know, many of the Jedi here have all sorts of different interpretations of the force: is it just a thought? a lifestyle? an energy field? some type of god?
Call it what you want but, in one summarized sentence, the force is a philosophy.
Alan Watts describes philosophy and religion as something that provides "comfort for those who can’t accept the feeling of wonder" (not exact quote) and Joseph Campbell calls myths and religions, "masks of eternity" (an exact quote).

In other words, the force is our own interpretation of all the things we don't and can't understand. Therefore, to think that we can bend the will of the force/universe is like genuinely becoming our worst enemy: we don't and can't do it.

That doesn't mean we can't care for each other. Even though we have no definite, direct way to bend the universe/force and heal your friend, we can offer positive thoughts and behaviors. That way, if it ends up helping you and your friend, then what a great coincidence! And, if it doesn't end up helping your friend, well, I'm sure we helped lift up the people around us with our positive thinking and behavior!
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi