My Grandfather

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72941 by
My Grandfather was created by
I would have added this to the "add healing requests here" page.. but that's not where this belongs, I suppose.

Yesterday, my grandfather was put on life support due to a huge and rapid decrease in blood pressure. After further tests they determined he had severe kidney failure and serious bowel problems. There is a huge list of other things and considering his age, our family made the decision to allow him to pass.

We were told this process could take only a few hours or a few weeks and when I left him last night.. his breaths were down to six per minute. I thought he would pass in the night, but he hasn't. He's on high dosages of pain killers and had been requesting all of this for the past six months or so, so we know it's definitely what he wants and what is right..

All I'm asking is for thoughts, prayers, energy.. or whatever it is you can offer for him to be allowed to pass quickly and as pain free as possible. No healing as it is far too late for that..

Thank you in advance...
May the Force be with you all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72945 by
Replied by on topic Re: My Grandfather
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

I hope that his time left is as painless as possible and and wish you and your family blessed closure during this time of loss.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72969 by
He has passed.

Thank you.

More
11 years 7 months ago #72972 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic Re: My Grandfather
My thoughts and condolences are with you.

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72974 by
Kristin,

I am sorry to be reading about this news after the fact. But it sounds as though it would have been too late to make a difference anyway. I sincerely hope his passing into the Force brought him joyful relief. I am sure that the hearts of all true Jedi are with you right now, wishing you strength and peace in your time of grieving.

Fraternally,
-David

More
11 years 7 months ago #72975 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: My Grandfather
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take heart from knowing that he is at peace and will suffer no more. Those we have lost are never truly gone...when you immerse yourself in the Force, there you will find him.

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi