Sis-in-law

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #69483 by
Sis-in-law was created by
Hey guys. So here's the thing. Thursday, my sister-in-law told my brother out of the blue that things weren't working out and she was done. Friday night, she went out with a friend from work to a bar and didn't get home until 6am Saturday morning, and then slept all day. My brother got home from work and asked her to take Monday off so that they could have the day to talk things over. She said she had too much to do. My brother said "this is our marriage we're talking about here" but she wouldn't let up. She went out to eat with her sister that night and her sister said something was terribly wrong. She wasn't herself. Well, we got a call from my brother bout 1am this morning. He couldn't sleep for some odd reason so he got up to do some laundry, when he noticed empty pill bottles on the bathroom floor. My sis-in-law was rushed to the hospital. She is awake and medically is fine.

Her mental state, however, is not so fine. Her mom said she walked into the hospital room and she was just staring blankly at the TV, turned her head, and said "hi" and that was it. They said they look into her eyes and it's like she's not even there. They were eating dinner tonight and noticed that she was scarfing down peas and carrots.......she HATES peas and carrots. They pointed it out to her and it was like she didn't even realize that she didn't like them...just shrugged it off. She hasn't even mentioned anything about their kids, like she doesn't even realize she has 2 little girls. She knows who everyone is, it's just anyone she hasn't seen in the room, she doesn't even think about.

My brother is slowly getting better. At first he was pi...uh...angry ( :P ) and said he was done when he left the hospital. He's over that now and is back and forth between home and the hospital. His emotions are still strong and seem to be clouding him a little. He seems to think that she'll be taken to the clinic and then be released in three days. He's a narcotics investigator and at the prison, when someone tries to kill themselves, the are sent to a clinic for 3 days and then sent back. He doesn't realize yet it'll be different with my sis-in-law. He's still trying to cope with everything.

My parents are going to try to go down there for a week to help out with the kids and distract them from everything that's going on. All they know is that "mommy is sick" and isn't in a part of the hospital where they can go visit her.

So please, prayers/energies sent towards everyone in the family, but more so towards my sis-in-law's recovery and my emotionally devastated brother. Hoping the doctors and therapists can find out why there was a sudden, no advanced warning personality change and mental nosedive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #69485 by
Replied by on topic Re: Sis-in-law
I am so sorry about the entire situation, Hadi.
I truthfully wish the best of wishes for everyone directly and indirectly involved with this truthfully strange and scary situation. Above all, I hope your brother's and sister in law's children are not only fine, but healthy during this stressful time.

I would like to acknowledge that I think your brother tried and did his best to save his wife and prevent all of this from happening. After all, you told us that your brother tried to take a day off and talk with his wife to sort things out. This was really the model choice. I am sorry that your sister in law did not accept it.

With that being said, we all don't understand the entire background information behind your sister in law's strange and disturbing behavior, which is why we shouldn't criticize her or label her as "hopeless" and/or "insane". Rather, "just get better" should suffice.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #69489 by
Agreed, and thank you. She has always been a sweet, kind, very outgoing type that always spoke her mind. Even when she and my brother would fight (as all couples do) in the end all was well. Something just snapped in her head Thursday that completely turned her into a stranger for everyone. Like I said, everyone in the family has said that she is different. Sudden want for divorce, staying out partying with a mysterious friend, attempting suicide, not even mentioning her kids, eating foods she hates, empty eyes, no personality...whatever is happening, it's not her.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #69491 by
Everything good I wish for you and yours.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi