My wife and I have a request

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #61652 by
My wife, Connie, 31, has been dealing with kidney failure brought on by type one diabetes for going on seven years. She is currently on hemodialysis, a treatment where she has to go to a clinic and have her blood filtered by a machine for four hours every other day.
Shortly after her kidneys failed, we tried an at home method of dailysis called paratoneal dailysis. Through a port is her belly, we would put two liters of a solution that draws out the urea and other toxins in to her abdominal cavity and would have to be exchanged with fresh solution every four to six hours. One of the side effects of this method is the solution would also leach protein out of her system. Eating more protein would've helped replace it, but it also made her sick to her stomach to look at high protein foods. As a result, her muscles have atrophied to the point where she is wheel chair bound.
She has also lost one eye to diabetes, loosing sight in the other, and loosing memory. We have a daughter together, who is nine, that has never known mommy as a healthy person or can remember mommy playing with her like tag or hide n seek.
As her husband, I am her primary care giver. I'm 31. I currently can not work because I have to take care of her due to the fact she can't walk. I have to lift her out of bed, help her get dressed, put her on the toilet, clean the house, take care of the kids ( I have a son from a previous relationship who is 13), and make sure the bills get paid. she is on SSI and that is just enough to keep the utilities paid. Her mom and step dad is helping out by giving us a place to stay in a house they bought; a humble fixer upper :-).
We have been married for 10 years and I love her very deeply, but I feel so overwhelmed. I get about four hours of sleep a night because I keep watch over her blood sugars; she's a brittle diabetic, one minute they are high, the next too low. I want to find a job, but can't because of her health and if I could get one it would have to be 2nd or 3rd shift because some one has to be here to get her on and off of her dailysis transport. Even then, there wouldn't be anyone to keep an eye on her. All of her family lives out of town and we don't have any reliable friends.
What I am asking for is healing through the Force from anyone who feels so inclined for my wife and a friendly ear and shoulder for myself. Please keep us in your prayers and meditations. May the Force be with us all.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by . Reason: needed to elaborate on the subject.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #61656 by Jon
On the one side this is quite a heavy story and yet on the other a moving one full of hope for those who care to listen. I see a lot of pain on the one side and love on the other. It kind of makes my own life with its problems seem insignificant. Yours is a love which would make any Jedi proud. The Force is strong in you, and may it always be with you both. Be rest assured of my meditations, thoughts and prayers.

I myself work in the medical profession, and see much of what you say day in and day out. If you wish to talk please feel free to pm me.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Jon.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #61678 by
Replied by on topic Re: My wife and I have a request
Wow. I feel your pain, my friend. For about 3 years I had a colostomy (if you don't know what that is, I don't really want to describe it). I know that doesn't quite compare to seven years of dialysis, but I've had my own share of hospital stays, and all that nonsense is painful to talk about, so I applaud you at being able to talk about it here.

I believe your wife will heal. In fact, I know it. You must know it as well. We all must. To all those who read this, KNOW that our friend's wife Connie is healed.

The Force is with us...

More
11 years 10 months ago #61683 by Ben
Overwhelmed sounds like it must be an understatement! What you are doing is inspiring.

Rest assured that we are all here for you whenever you need support (and even when you don't think that you do!). Being relatively new to the site has no bearing on that - if you need someone to talk to just ask, and we will be there :) My PM inbox is always open, and it's quite normal for people to come into chat to ask for support.

I will be holding you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #61684 by
You are amazing, Will. I'm not sure what else to say. You will all be in my thoughts.
May the Force be with you!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #61687 by
Will, you and Connie and your children are in my thoughts and prayers. I agree with all the other comments before me -- you are an inspiration.

May the Force continue to give you strength!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #61691 by
you must be very worried. my friend died at nine and she battled with cancer. i know its not the same but the pain is no different. i hope your wife can get better and i would if i could help, but im a child so i can only comfort and share this pain. may the force, god, buddha, all the hindu gods and everyother living miracle worker be there to help you both.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #61733 by
Your love for each other will not go unanswered. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you from this day forward. The Force is with you as are we all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #61737 by
It takes bravery to open up to people the way you have! My thoughts are with you all. Feel free to PM me.
May The Force Be With You and Your Family!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #61753 by
"Wow. I'm sorry, Will." Jack murmured, despite that nobody could hear her.

'Sounds like they're doing everything that they can.' Kendalina agreed, 'Save for getting a kidney transplant, and even then, there's only so much you can do in that process.'

'Will-san, I'm sorry that you are going through this, right now.' Agreed Taro.

'I'm sorry that we are all healthy while your wife is not.' Kakeru bowed to the computer as though the user on the other side could see him.

'I regret that I am not ill in her stead.' Tsuneo also bowed.

'I am sorry that your children are seeing their mother go through this while mine do not.' Triclops joined in the very Japanese apology that the Geisha characters were giving.

'I'm sorry for not having been born with type one diabetes, instead.' Bowed Akitaro.

'I'm sorry I could not be caring for your wife each day.' Kowtowed Tensora-san. Nobody even commented on this.

"I'm sorry that there is nothing else I can do, but apologize for this tragedy you're suffering through, Will-senpai." Jack finally agreed, bowing herself.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi