Reiki

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 days ago #56236 by
Reiki was created by
Hi all. I am a Certified Reiki Master and am happy to give treatments at no charge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago #56238 by
Replied by on topic Re: Reiki
Hmm...i think Master Mark was letting users take Reiki classes free for charge too. :dry:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago #56249 by
Replied by on topic Reiki
One said treatments and one said lessons, so I'm a bit confused. Can you do this over the Internet?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago #56250 by
With enough training, one can perform a Reiki healing over long distances (called distance healing). Here's the thing that confuses me. In order to learn Reiki, it's said that you have to be "attuned". However, some say attunement cannot be done over the phone or internet, some say it can, and some even say that attunement from a teacher is not even necessary. I've been wanting to learn Reiki, but i'm not going to spend $400 for a 2 day class, and there are always so many mixed reviews on the books and CDs that are out there.

But anyway, to clarify, Reliah, Verins offered free distance healing, Daniel was just mentioning that Mark may have been teaching a class at on point here for free. Kind of separate from the first post but somewhat related in a way, lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago #56251 by
I've heard of Reiki treatments being done over long distances, but I've never been able to figure out quite how that would work. But since I've never actually taken lessons, just learned on my own, I guess I wouldn't know.

Speaking of lessons... Are those free ones still going on?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago - 12 years 5 days ago #56252 by
Post removed.
Last edit: 12 years 5 days ago by . Reason: Remove Post

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago #56253 by
Hi Hadi! Reiki can be done over any distance when one receives the Level 2 attunement; there is a symbol one is given that when drawn and the name chanted, allows the energy to be channeled over any distance.

The Master level attunement allows one to pass attunement on to another, and yes, it can be done over a distance. My attunements were distance attunements and all of the ones I have done have been distance attunements, and they have all worked just fine.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago #56263 by
Firstly, welcome to the Order, verins. There's no need to advertise healings directly since those in need will post in this section and we all do what we can to help. So thank you for adding yourself to our band of merry healers! :-)

On a less happy note, we cannot allow adverts for any outside training or services that have not been specifically authorized. We have legal obligations and rules that prevent any such notices. Your posts offering training will therefore have to be removed.

Eternal, we do offer reiki training for free, but only to members who have achieved the rank of knight or above. The main reason for this is to prevent it from interfering with the other studies undertaken here (initiate's programme and apprenticeship). As for distance healing and attunement, the energy of intention is not bound by space or time and this allows reiki to flow to wherever it is needed, wherever and whenever!

Hadi, reiki was developed as a "pleasant side effect" of the spiritual teachings that the founder offered. In fact, the healing aspect of his life's work was only focused on in the last few years before his death. The attunements were developed as a way of connecting students to an experience of particular qualities of energy that would then help their spiritual development as well as their healings skills. As such, they only form a part of the teachings but are still a vital part. You could learn how to drive a car for yourself and might end up being quite good at it but it's not as thorough or effective as being shown how to drive by an instructor.

The philosophy, practise and personal energetic development are just as vital to a decent study of reiki. The Wikipedia entry for Mikao Usui is quite comprehensive and may provide you with more information. If anyone has more questions, feel free to keep posting here, or message me if it's more suitable.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 days ago #56282 by
My apologies, Mark; I was not aware of that. I do not charge for Reiki healing or attunements, so I did not think it was a problem. I will refer anyone interested in attunements to the Council from now on.

Thank you also for the kind welcome. I am very happy to be part of such and active and well organized group; most of the Jedi/Sith groups I have experienced are fairly dead. This group was a very pleasant surprise!

I am looking forward to beginning the initiates work and getting to know everyone better!

Verins Sharaz (Ben McInnis)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57282 by
It's not a problem, because it's good to share and we all give our time and healing skills for free. The problem is that we are a registered and legally-bound religious corporation and therefore any offers of training, affiliations, etc that are posted in the forum could be seen as being endorsed by us (which we are not allowed to do). It protects us as well as the members. It's also why we do not officially advertise other sites, groups, training, etc.

But like I say, welcome to the healing group! It's great to see our number swelling with an increase in the amount of people willing and able to help others :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi