...of a friend I never had.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #48998 by
The title may seem odd, I know, but I'll explain a little bit.
This man was a mutual friend of many friends I had, and when I met my husband, he, too, was a friend of his. I knew him only through my husband during their get-togethers. He was the life of the party. The story teller. His death was sudden and he was young.

We had D&D adventures planned - I still have never played. We had mountain trips coming up - I haven't been to the mountains since then. I miss him, and I never really knew him.

I am reminded of him today as this day is the first birthday he will celebrate within the Force, and I know he's there.. if anyone was a Jedi, it was he.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49011 by
Replied by on topic Re: ...of a friend I never had.
Sorry for your loss. :( Another brother in the Force!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49024 by
I'm very sorry for your loss.
I have almost lost a dear friend to cancer and I am trying to help others through depression.
Having recently lost my uncle, I know some of your pain and I hope the memory of your dear friend will keep you happy even though he is gone.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49029 by
It is amazing how people can touch our lives for such a short time but leave such a lasting impression. It only takes a second to make an impression and his must have been extraordinary. I am sorry for for your loss.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49033 by
Replied by on topic ...of a friend I never had.
Thank you all, for your kind words. I know we all go through difficult things and it's nice to be surrounded by people who understand and uplift. :)

May the Force always be with us.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi