Master Bridgette and Her Mother

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2473 by
Many of you reading this have not met Msgr. Bridgette but when you do you'll love her as much as the best of us.

Your best wishes and prayers according to your custom for her and her mother are most welcome.

She's doing the first duty of a Jedi, caring for a very sick loved one (if you ain't done this you do not know, you really do not know) and her courage should be a model to us all.

Peace Be With You All,

Br. John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 11 months ago #2479 by Neaj Pa Bol
UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

Well, Nightquil and and headcold don't mix when you listen to voice mails ..... But,

Bridge just called a little while a go, her Mom is doing better today, a little touchy yesterday but better today. Along with everything else she has developed pneumiona. She was on a special breathing machine yesterday to avoid fluid building in her chest but is off that now. Bridge said her mom was back to telling the nurses how to d0 their jobs today...hehe... the spitfire is back!!! God Bless her!!!

Will let you know more when I hear!!!

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2482 by
well i know what she is going through from past and present i hope all is well with her and her mother. i can not wait to meet her. MTFBWYA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2487 by
Br. John wrote:

Many of you reading this have not met Msgr. Bridgette but when you do you'll love her as much as the best of us.

Your best wishes and prayers according to your custom for her and her mother are most welcome.

She's doing the first duty of a Jedi, caring for a very sick loved one (if you ain't done this you do not know, you really do not know) and her courage should be a model to us all.

Peace Be With You All,

Br. John

While I have only had short periods of this in my own life (such as the two weeks of in home recovery with my father when he had his heart Attack) I can only imagine what this would be like in the long term.
She and her mother have my Prayers and thoughts.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
16 years 11 months ago #2950 by Neaj Pa Bol
No I have not fell off the face of the earth, I had my own medical crisis that will be explained later, but this evening I recieved a message after getting home from the Hospital myself, from Bridge that she was called to the Hospital, her mother was begining the time to pass from us all. I am waiting to hear from Bridge as to any details and will pass them on to all of you.

God Bless you Bridge, I am home now and here when ever you need me.... Bless your sweet mother and peace be always with her. Though we never meet face to face, I have never known such a reverenced woman in her faith and spirit other than my own mother.

Blessings to her always....... Have strength......

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
16 years 11 months ago #2960 by Neaj Pa Bol
Received the call this morning, Bridgettes Mother passed on at sometime around 10 am EST. Bridge is holding up ok, she was with her mother throughout. A Memorial is being planned, date i have not heard yet......

Will let you know more as I hear.....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2961 by
Lord of the Living Force of Creation,
whose wisdom is beyond our understanding,
surround the family of Master Bridgette with your love,
that they may not be overwhelmed by their loss,
but have confidence in your goodness
and strength to meet the days to come.

Amen.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2962 by
Depart, O soul, out of this present world in which in the name of the Living Force that created you, and rejoin the Unifiing Force from which you came. May you rest in peace as you have again become one with the Force.
May the Force strengthen and support us all the day long until the fever of life is over and our work is done. May the Force welcome and grant safe lodging and a holy peace at last.
May the Force grant Master Bridgette comfort in the knowledge and sure confidence in it's care. Defend her from the danger of the enemy and keep her in spiritual peace and safety. May the Force be with you, always.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3567 by
Its been a while since my last visit and I do have a reason for that.

My momma died June 5 of this year, and I am unable to make myself want to do any of the things I wanted to do while she was alive. I feel like my faith is slipping through the cracks and giving way to only what is seen and I no longer have ambitions to complete my schooling to be a police officer, I dont even like to ride my horse anymore. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a serious onset of depression, but with no health insurance, its a road I must muddle through medically unassistted and undiagnosed.

The long lazy hours of sleep are coming back into my life, the motivation has left me and I am finding very little to cling to in what has become a very shallow, emotionally devoid life. Perhaps what is causing all of this questioning started when I watched the only person in this world worth living for, die. I was there and saw the horrified look on her face as she drew her last breath. Two and a half years of suffering ended just like that. I will never forget that look, nor the sound of her last breath that rings through my ears as if I were standing next to the Liberty Bell.

In Hebrews 11:1, it states, \"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.\" This passage of scripture has been my rock in the last year, I have drawn upon its wisdom often. I feel as though now, it holds no meaning to anything in my life. I still have my christian faith, but like I said earlier, I believe its cracking in yet another test of my endurance. I saw the look on her face, I witnessed her life as she suffered and continued to decline, despite prayer and our best hopes against the odds. You will have to forgive me if I failed to see God's miracle in all of that. You will have to forgive me if I am so angry and disturbed that she is gone and I am alone.

I should probably seek some kind of counseling, I believe these wounds to be too deep for me to heal them myself, but I havent the first clue as to what I am supposed to do with my life now. None. I am not someone who is used to just living for themselves, my life has always had a purpose. Whether it be serve my country, work for my community or care for my terminal mother, I have always had a purpose and furthermore always had someone at home waiting for me. That person used to love me no matter how badly I screwed up or messed up. It didnt matter to her.

Now, one could cling to the Bible in a time like this and trust everything to the Lord. That is what we are instructed to do. But here is my problem with that, the more I read into how to hand over my problems to Him, the more I realize it feels like callous indifference to the events that have just occured. How can I trust a God who took my everything? I know there are good things in store for me in the future if I choose to serve Him, so you christians reading this, I gotcha covered, no need to make that point. But what if I dont want the future? What if all I wanted was all I ever had? What then?

Dont take this as me throwing away my faith, this is actually an attempt to save it and make sense of what is going on with someone else's point of view. Right now, nothing on this planet matters to me, not my boyfriend and his daughter, not my horse or my dog or my cat, not my career, in fact, not even my life. And no, I am not suicidal. I can just lay in a bed all day and watch the world go by and it doesnt bother me a bit. Thats not normal, nor is it healthy.

Thank you all however, for your support and warm wishes. May the Force guide you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3572 by
Job 36:15-16 (New International Version)

15 But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering;
he speaks to them in their affliction.

16 \"He is wooing you from the jaws of distress
to a spacious place free from restriction,
to the comfort of your table laden with choice food.

Psalm 119:49-50 (New International Version)

49 Remember your word to your servant,
for you have given me hope.
50 My comfort in my suffering is this:
Your promise preserves my life.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi