Kasumi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #318749 by
Replied by on topic Kasumi
I'm home from surgery and doing okay. Still a little "off" from the anesthesia, but more like I have a mild hangover than anything else.

I'd just like to thank everyone again for your thoughts today and as I'm going through this. It's very much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #319260 by
I am home from my first chemo session. It went well. I'm a little tired but more because I was in a hospital all day than because of anything else. (There's a nap ahead of me.)

The support of the Temple in this has been amazing. Everyone has seriously gone above and beyond.

More
6 years 1 week ago #319265 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Kasumi
#Kickbutt Kasumi!!!

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #320311 by
Packing up for another round of chemo today and thinking about how grateful I am for the support of everyone from the Temple.

That and that I have a ton of martial arts notes to get written. ;)

More
5 years 11 months ago #320312 by Rosalyn J
We are rooting for you!!!

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #320315 by
Keep that positive attitude, Kasumi! Use the time in the chair to do constructive things and keep moving forward. You got this!

If you ever want any pro tips about chemo, I have plenty of experience to share. For starters, always keep hard candy, mints, or gum with you. :)

More
5 years 11 months ago #320316 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Kasumi
Cancer is something that effects most all of us in some way or another. Blessings to you Kasumi: may strength and courage be never absent, and laughter never far.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328389 by
I believe not quite the last anyone had heard from me was that I'd started chemotherapy. Since then…
I finished chemo. It was no fun, but no one expected it to be fun.
I had surgery. That was also no fun, but they tell me that my surgery went as well as could possibly be hoped for.
I started radiation treatment. As you might guess by now, that's also not fun, but it's so much easier than chemo that it's hard to argue.
I continued training martial arts throughout chemo. I did take a couple of weeks off after surgery, but fewer than you might think. It's hard to tell if I'm really back to my old energy levels, but I've definitely recovered much of my old bounce.
There's some chance that after I'm done with radiation, they'll send me to some physical therapy because I'm whiny about not having exactly my full range of motion back yet.
And at some point in the future, there will be additional reconstructive surgery.
But for the time being, the worst of this adventure appears to be behind me. There's a lifetime of testing and preventative medications ahead of me, but I can handle that.

Thank you all for your well-wishing, energy, and support. Hopefully I'm back. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328392 by
:D yay! Glad to have you back, and glad things have been working out health wise. :)

May the Force continue to guide you as you continue this fight.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328415 by Rosalyn J
Punch that cancer in the FACE!!! You are a winner!!!

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi