Struggling

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248016 by
Struggling was created by
Hey all,

I've been searching for a job for a few months now and have only received rejections. I'm less than two months away from homelessness and I'm not going to lie, that's pretty terrifying.

If you could keep me in your thoughts and spread some positivity to those around you as a tribute to my struggle, I'd appreciate it.

Grumpy, tired, and still yours,
Jamie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #248017 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Struggling
Thinking of you, Jamie...

Hang on in there... :)

If there's ever anything I can do to help, or if you'd just like an ear, I'll gladly do what I can. :)

*Hugs*

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248018 by
Replied by on topic Struggling
You are welcome to PM/email me your CV or covering letter to look over for guidance on how it might be improved. There was an employability course at my University which was pretty helpful for me.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 9 months ago #248019 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Struggling
"where and what kind" of job are you looking for?

I tell people all the time, I dont understand that issues with finding a job, granted, most are looking for 'specifics', but, when 'begging', we cant be 'choosing', lol....

I see jobs posted in my areas all the time, and was just hired to a second job two months ago, and know of several others I could apply at, should I need to start looking again...

If you prefer, I will continue this via PM to talk you through options...

Shoot, the Aldi's in my area is ALWAYS hiring, and they pay $11-$14 an hour... While its not gonna make anyone rich, it is 3-4 bucks over Illinois minimum...

Im here should you want to talk... :)

And, if you dont, my thoughts are with you... :)

EDIT: right before I hit 'submit', I had another thought, and that is that how do you present yourself?

Are you eager for the interview, and job? Ive looked as happy for a McDonald's interview as I was for this village job I currently work at.... The message we send employers about ourselves (through tone, body language, choice of words), is just as important as your application and resume (CV for you in the UK)...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248020 by
Replied by on topic Struggling

Akkarin wrote: You are welcome to PM/email me your CV or covering letter to look over for guidance on how it might be improved. There was an employability course at my University which was pretty helpful for me.

Same goes for me Jamie , i was (am ! ) a recruiter , so if you need help in any way just let me know , i am thinking of you and will hold you in my meditations :)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by . Reason: wrong

More
7 years 9 months ago #248066 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Struggling
Sending you positive thoughts, don't give up, it took me over a year to find this job and I had about given up on ever being employed again. It can happen, honestly :)
If you ever wanna talk, you know where I am and I understand your fear of being homeless, been there, just don't give up.

Everything is belief

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248068 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Struggling
Good luck Jamie; im sending positivity to you and confidence that you'll find a way

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi