disney bought lucasfilm, new star wars movie on the way?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79183 by
You might have accidentally missed it but we have another thread about this topic which can be found here: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Star-Wars/78797-disney-bought-lucasfilm-new-star-wars-movie-on-the-way#78797

You can post your reply there if you'd like :)

This thread will probably be locked or merged with that one, I just want to type in here in case others reply to this by accident as well

I personally am just going to wait and see what happens really, I'm not actually all that fussed lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79198 by
The way I see it, this could go great or terribly wrong. I'll give it to Disney, though: they did just fine with the Avengers.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79285 by
From what I have gathered on the various stories covering this whole deal, Lucas has sold EVERYTHING under his umbrella. Included in this sale are the long rumored last 3 books written by George Lucas himself. I had heard for years about these last three books he had never released that were basically just a part of his private library. Now, finally, we know that it was true. Lucas DID write a continuation from ROTJ, and we will finally see it realized.

There is something of great significance here that seems to have went overlooked thus far in regards to all this. I've noticed people talking about the Expanded Universe novels that continued the story on after ROTJ, but this will not be those stories, these are the ones Lucas wrote, not EU stuff, and I think that makes it a little more special. This will be the story as Lucas intended it to be concluded. Disney may do with it what they wish, but it's going to be his work that they are building off of.

I also read that this story will take place something like 20 years after ROTJ. This opens up all kinds of questions about what is in story and what kind of story we may see. It has been revealed that this will revolve around the rebuilding of the Republic and/or Jedi Order but there is so much more to know. This will be something completely new to us, there are no pre-existing books out there for us to go read and get an idea of what is going to happen in this new trilogy. In that, we will be a generation that gets to experience an original Star Wars experience much like the first viewers of the original trilogy, and I think that makes this whole thing all the more special.

So, we know that we are going to see the next trilogy which caps off EP.1-6, but what comes after that? That is what I am most interested in. It is my hope that eventually we will see Old Republic stories made into movies, and in this I am shooting directly for a Darth Bane trilogy. They have to do it, it's just too good to not turn into a movie trilogy. It would display the Jedi and the more notably the Sith in a way that we've never seen on film before, and give a look at the Sith that has never been presented either. We've watched the story of the Skywalkers as they went from slaves to Jedi, what about watching Dessell go from slave to Sith? I think it would be the most epic series ever.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 5 months ago #79292 by RyuJin
They're going to make episodes 7, 8, and 9 with release of ep7 in 2015 and eps 8 and 9 in following years...thenthey plan to release a new star wars movie every 2 - 3 years afterwards....so there will be the original lucas written ones, plus the EU ones..

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79459 by

Fire and Ice wrote: From what I have gathered on the various stories covering this whole deal, Lucas has sold EVERYTHING under his umbrella. Included in this sale are the long rumored last 3 books written by George Lucas himself. I had heard for years about these last three books he had never released that were basically just a part of his private library. Now, finally, we know that it was true. Lucas DID write a continuation from ROTJ, and we will finally see it realized.

From what I understood Lucas actually wrote 6 more because it was intended to be 12 parts but because of the EU he decided against making 7-12 because of continuity issues.

What I have heard Disney explicitly say though was that Lucas will be a creative consultant but will not be the writer or directer. That combined with continuity issues means it is unlikely those 6 stories will ever be made into movies as far as I can tell.

More
11 years 5 months ago #79784 by Proteus

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: , MCSH

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79788 by

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 5 months ago #79800 by Jestor

Attachment mickey-mouse-darth-vader-whos-your-daddy.jpg not found

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCSH

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi