Jedi Path-Book Review

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57155 by
Jedi Path-Book Review was created by
Hey guys, I have just finished reading Jedi Path, a book by Lucas Films, and I am going to write a review and share my thoughts on the book overall.

Attachment e971_the_jedi_path_jedi_training_manual.jpg not found

I can begin by saying that I purchased the cheaper version of the book, 14$ on Amazon. The difference from the 60$ version is that it is not leather-bound and is not packaged in a "Vault". I did purchase the Sith Book-Vault Edition, which I will write another review once I finish it. The Jedi Path book is appealing psychically. It's a hardcover book with high quality pages that have torn texture edges, to simulate age. The coloring on the cover can be scraped of easily so I would be careful with that, but overall it's well made.

Attachment wallace-jedipath.jpg not found

In the book is a Jedi manual basically, teaching about the Jedi Code, Lightsaber techniques, and the mysteries of the galaxy. The book is separated in parts according to ranks. The first part is initiate, then padawan, then knight, and finally master. Each has topics for each rank, like the Jedi trails for padawans, and exercises for initiates. While it does have fictional matter some of it is about the Force and can be applied to what it means to be a Jedi.

The book is easily read, not too many difficult word that younger people would not understand and it is full of high quality images and diagrams. A very nice idea the author(s) had was to present the manual as if it was handed down from Master to Apprentice for about 100 years. Starting from Yoda and ending with Luke. You read scribbles around the edges of the text that were written by Thame, Dooku, Anakin, and even the Emperor! This adds a faux realism and it is just plain fun to read the thoughts of the various Jedi and Sith.

Overall, if you like Star Wars and you like reading this book most likely will interest you. Its not expensive unless you want to dish out 60$ for the Vault edition, which I have read to be much better than the Sith Vault Edition. Hope this was enjoyable and educational.

May the Force be with You,
Gianluca Bucci
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57156 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Path-Book Review
I've been reading this book as well and I love it. It does well to immerse the reader in the Star Wars universe and brings an authentic feel. I like how the edges are torn to make it feel like the book has been around for many years.

Definitely an entertaining read.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57157 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Path-Book Review
Indeed. I hope that the Book Of Sith is equally entertaining.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57158 by
I read the Jedi Path, too. I thought it was a great read. The comments in the margins make it feel real. I think that it provides an excellent base for Jediism. It could do well in the Temple's Initiates Program. (I have the Vault Edition in the mail now. Wooh!)

I got the vault edition of the Book Sith, and I'm about 3/4s of the way through it. I personally don't think it's as well written as the Jedi Path. It's set up a bit differently, too. It's made to look like it's pieces of multiple books put into one. It's interesting, but I think the Jedi Path is better.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57159 by
I literally just finished reading it. I loved it. I see it to be an excellent read for initiates. Now I intend to con Templar out of the Book Sith :p

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57160 by
I have actually read this as well...and enjoyed it! :)

It is so great that you posted the review. This should be a regular event, reviews on books people have read and loved...or hated.
I don't know that it belongs in the initiates studies, but I would love to see a list of books (there may be one I haven't found and apologise in advance if this is true) for initiates to do as volunteer reading, not to do with studies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57166 by
Yes, I plan to write more reviews in the future and I agree with you that it would be a great optional book for initiates.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57179 by
were can i get my hands on one :) i would love to read this book

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57187 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Path-Book Review

Bassplayer97 wrote: were can i get my hands on one :) i would love to read this book

I ordered mine from Amazon.com. I'm sure there are other websites you can order them from as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1603800964?ie=UTF8&ref=aw_bottom_links&force-full-site=1

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57189 by
For those of you interested in a peek into the world of the Sith, the library here has the Grand Book of the Sith, written by REAL Sith authors. It gives an excellent view into the Sith perspective, but this is not a representation of everything regarding the Dark Side.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi