profercey, vader

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 week ago #56675 by
profercey, vader was created by
(okey for this ill need a spelling nazi)
darth vader did kill oof the sith leader in the last move right?
my dad say he falled the porficeys in the ferst 3 moveis. but cuss of him allmost all of the jadi except his kid were dead by that last filme. so did he fufill the proficey? did darth vader aka anikin deal a death blow to the dark side?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 week ago #56678 by
Replied by on topic Re: profercey, vader
Here is my take on this, which may be different from others'. To me, to bring balance to the Force means there's equality between the dark and the light side. So, to me, Vader killing off most of the Jedi brought balance to the Force. It evened the playing field.

If you see bringing balance to the Force as there being no more Sith, then in a way, yes, he did still fulfill the prophesy in the 6th movie. He killed the Emperor and turned good (thus "killing" Darth Vader, the last Sith Lord). You have to remember that Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader are (brace yourself for this, lol) 2 different people. Or better yet, same body, different mind sets.

So really, no matter how you look at it, Vader/Anakin did fulfill the prophesy of bringing balance to the Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 week ago #56684 by
Firstly, the prophecy mentioned "a Skywalker", not Anakin/Vader precisely. As such, it was never stated that Anakin/Vader would be the one to bring balance to the Force.

Now onto my argument. When Anakin/Vader killed off the Jedi in the Coruscant Temple, how many Sith were there? Palpatine, and (sort of) himself. How many Jedi were there? In the Council alone there were how many? Seven, eight? And then add other notable Jedi who weren't in the Council, and the other nameless Jedi, and all the Padawans/younglings/Jedi in training. As such, it was literally an army against two dudes. In this sense, he really did bring balance to the Force since afterwards there were only really two Jedi of note, Yoda and Luke by the Revenge of the Sith.

The prequels actually unbalanced the Force. By killing both Vader and Palpatine, Anakin got rid of the last two Sith Lords. Luke was still alive, leaving only light.

Following the prequels, Leia turned out to be a Force sensitive. Then there are Leia's kids, and Luke's kids, although one of them did turn to the Dark Side, I see it as highly unbalanced if you read the books set after the prequels.

So, by the Revenge of the Sith, Force sort of balanced out. By the Return of the Jedi, Force sort of becoming unbalanced. The books set after the RotJ, just getting more unbalanced.

Just my opinion.

More
12 years 1 week ago #56688 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Re: profercey, vader

"The prophecy of the Chosen One was an ancient Jedi legend that foretold the coming of a being who would restore balance to the Force.

The idea of balance of the Force, a central tenet of the Jedi Order, refers to the ideal state in which the Force exists in nature, i.e. as the light side. The presence of the dark side corrupts and destroys this natural balance, and the Jedi viewed it as their duty to restore it.

[...]

The prophecy detailed the birth of one strong in the Force, who would ultimately bring balance to that mystical energy field through their actions.[2] It also indicated that this being would, in restoring balance, destroy the Sith, who were the cause of unbalance, with their use of the dark side of the Force.[...]

George Lucas himself has stated that Anakin is the Chosen One and that the prophecy is true, although Luke indirectly served as the catalyst that allowed Anakin to fulfill the prophecy.[...]

'But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story.'"

From http:\\starwars.wikia.com/The_Chosen_One

This is not a matter of opinion but a matter of canon and non-canon.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 days ago #57516 by
when dark vader aka anakin killed the emperor he brought balance to the force as he could see him killing his only son luke so he sacrificed himself to save luke, therefore fulfilling the prophecy and hence able to completely intune with the force that his spirit lives on in ghost form with obi-wan and yoda.

just my opinion.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 day ago #57652 by
Actually Vader brought balance to the force in the form of princess Leia. Most people dont know this but there are 9 chapters to this story not just the first 6. She is the real chosen one because she has the power to bring people back from the dark side as she did with Luke. Darth Sidious did indeed die but lived on through his clones.(More to this but i wont get into it)

More
12 years 1 day ago #57653 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: profercey, vader

Gisteron wrote:

"The prophecy of the Chosen One was an ancient Jedi legend that foretold the coming of a being who would restore balance to the Force.

The idea of balance of the Force, a central tenet of the Jedi Order, refers to the ideal state in which the Force exists in nature, i.e. as the light side. The presence of the dark side corrupts and destroys this natural balance, and the Jedi viewed it as their duty to restore it.

[...]

The prophecy detailed the birth of one strong in the Force, who would ultimately bring balance to that mystical energy field through their actions.[2] It also indicated that this being would, in restoring balance, destroy the Sith, who were the cause of unbalance, with their use of the dark side of the Force.[...]

George Lucas himself has stated that Anakin is the Chosen One and that the prophecy is true, although Luke indirectly served as the catalyst that allowed Anakin to fulfill the prophecy.[...]

'But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story.'"

From http:\\starwars.wikia.com/The_Chosen_One

This is not a matter of opinion but a matter of canon and non-canon.

But as Gisteron said, when talking about the prophecy you have to remember what is canon and what isn't. Anakin brought balance to the Force by destroying the Sith (i.e. Palpatine and himself). Non-canon EU materials don't change that in any way.

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 day ago #57664 by
Doesn't Lucas mention this in the bonus video of Lesson IV of the Initiate Program?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 19 hours ago #57782 by
Well the proficy in the film says he'd bring balance to the force so in a way he does eventually by killing Darth Sideous. However, if you read beyond the films you'd find that Sideous tries to come back several times and that there are always Dark lords around and they do find a sith city. One of Han and Leia's children become a sith lord called Darth Caedus who killed Luke's wife Mara Jade before being killed by his twin sister.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 19 hours ago #57787 by

Hadi Apollos wrote: Here is my take on this, which may be different from others'. To me, to bring balance to the Force means there's equality between the dark and the light side. So, to me, Vader killing off most of the Jedi brought balance to the Force. It evened the playing field.

If you see bringing balance to the Force as there being no more Sith, then in a way, yes, he did still fulfill the prophesy in the 6th movie. He killed the Emperor and turned good (thus "killing" Darth Vader, the last Sith Lord). You have to remember that Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader are (brace yourself for this, lol) 2 different people. Or better yet, same body, different mind sets.

So really, no matter how you look at it, Vader/Anakin did fulfill the prophesy of bringing balance to the Force.

Yoda said something interesting in regards to Anakin and the professy, "A prophesy, that misread could have been." So you could very well be right. Prophesy is always up for interpretation. That's why it's such an illusive concept.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi