• Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • Founder of The Order
More
12 years 3 days ago - 12 years 3 days ago #56376 by Br. John
http://www.cracked.com/article/167_5-reasons-star-wars-sequels-would-be-worse-than-prequels/
Code:
http://www.cracked.com/article/167_5-reasons-star-wars-sequels-would-be-worse-than-prequels/

This made me laugh and cry. I've not read any of the EU material. Is this true? :) :(

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 12 years 3 days ago by Br. John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 days ago #56378 by
lol, parts of that are true, and if you just peruse the books may come across that way, but allot of what this author says is missing actual fact, like the parts about the legacy series... probably one of the better parts of EU, the kid is a drug addicted descendent of Luke, not his son, or even grandson and the sith that rise up did through conquering and not political machinations, its a different sith with whole planets of sith, not just the two as in the movies.

The reuse of superweapons and reality of winning one major battle and still having to mop up the aftermath, is quite realistic, I mean when Stalin died, did the soviets cease killing the minorities, or when world war two ended were there not skirmishes with misinformed units for years afterwords?

but when a series of books in a single setting sticking to a fact checked set of rules goes on as long as star wars has, it starts to show a bit of soap opra recycling and it is really amazing that the writers keep us coming back for more even though it recycles...

Anyways I've listened to all the Star wars work on audiobooks, and read the legacy comics so am a bit biased, and in no means am saying that my view is correct, just how I see it :-)

I will be waiting for Star Wars Underground if it ever makes it to the TV sets as it is an interesting setting to play around in for sci fi authors

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 days ago #56381 by
The other articles on that site are great as well; I especially liked the immortality one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 days ago - 12 years 3 days ago #56392 by
Great, thanks a lot :angry: ...now there is no need to finish the rest of the novels. Spoiler guy. :laugh:

We fanboys are easily amused and simple minded.

Really? They used the same plot again? :huh:

Funny article Thanks for the laugh.
Last edit: 12 years 3 days ago by .

More
12 years 3 days ago #56396 by Locksley
I got a kick out the expanded universe stuff, I mean it's fun to read comic books and somewhat trashy scifi paperbacks! :laugh: But seriously, if I even thought for a second that these stories would ever be considered for production as parts of the ACTUAL storyline? Brrrrrrrrr. :sick:

:P

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 days ago #56399 by
Haha. Thanks for the link.

I've read some EU books but none that were post-Return of the Jedi. The ones I have read (and really enjoyed and recommend them to others) are Labyrinth of Evil (set between Episode II and Episode III) and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (set between Episode III and Episode IV).

I'd like to read some EU books between Episode I and Episode II, but haven't really looked up any titles yet.

MTFBWY,
LTK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 days ago #56402 by
I love cracked.com! I think 90% of their articles are tremendously funny.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #60799 by
Learn_to_know, there's a good book set 3 years after episode 1. It's called " rogue planet". Takes place 29 years before the battle of Yavin. I enjoyed the basic story and seeing young Anakins training.

Hopefully that helps.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60803 by
Thanks PriestMitPen!

I'll definitely look into those.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60804 by
A pitfall of your kind is linear thinking.

How to exist is your constant battle.

There are numerous characters in the universe.

If one were to be chosen, and followed, much would be revealed.

Episodes I-VI are all about Skywalker.

Oblivious to your own thoughts.

Follow another.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi