Star Wars Eps II & III

More
12 years 1 month ago #51542 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Star Wars Eps II & III
OK you've convinced me... going to watch Ep II right now. I think by Ep III the confusion in Anakin might have caught up with Hayden's dronish acting style.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #51591 by Lycaenion
Liam Neesons great in everything lol.I had read some wher that he di not enjoy being in Star Wars,it was something about being to controlled.

MTFBWY
IDIC

"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day, it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human"
Qui Gon

"And over our heads will float the blue bird singing of beautiful and impossible things, of things that are lovely and that never happen, of things that are not and that should be."
- Oscar Wilde,When the Blue Bird Sings

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #51594 by
Replied by on topic Re: Star Wars Eps II & III
It would have to be controlled. The Star Wars Universe is expansive and detailed. Kind of like the "Big Bang Theory" guys who know every episode, you can't get away with in-continuity, us geeks would know and get mad. Mr.Lucas and his team have a very specific "universe" detail and do not stray far from it for any reason.

More
12 years 1 month ago #51596 by Lycaenion
what ment was hes was not allowed to be creative with the script or act things out he thought may flow better.creativehe siad he felt like a puppet.but i understand what you mean

MTFBWY
IDIC

"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day, it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human"
Qui Gon

"And over our heads will float the blue bird singing of beautiful and impossible things, of things that are lovely and that never happen, of things that are not and that should be."

More
12 years 1 month ago #51597 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Re: Star Wars Eps II & III
I can believe it. His character's personality did seem rather bland, added onto everything else that just utterly failed in the movie.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #51603 by
Replied by on topic Re: Star Wars Eps II & III
That is the one point I disagree with you on. Qui-Gon Jinn was far from bland to me. He was the maverick as far as I saw. I thought his acting was very good although as someone said, he's great in everything. Both the kid and the teen who played Anakin were annoying. Because I am blind, the CGI was completely lost on me. That made things much worse. I wasn't the most fond of the dialogue in those movies either. I really liked the original movies too. My favorite is Return of the Jedi. It honestly shaped a lot of my understanding about "good" and "evil". A New Hope was second because it showed that blindness can also be a powerful advantage. I don't know who McDermott played so don't know if his acting was good, but I loved Ewan McGregor. I've seen him in other things too and he's a good actor. Anyway, I'm done. That's my two cents. Smile. Take care and MTFBWY.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #51605 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Re: Star Wars Eps II & III
Favorites:

1. Empire
2. Return
3. New Hope
4. Revenge
5. AOTC
6. Phantom

Edit: What a great way to hit my 100th post. :silly:

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Proteus.

More
12 years 1 month ago #51606 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic Re: Star Wars Eps II & III
PPPTTTTTBBBBB, I've always liked Jackson's acting. In Black Snake Moan for instance, great film.
And I know someone's going to counter with 'but remember Snakes on a Plane?'. My response is 'Hell, I'd have taken that part, it looked like a lotta fun." I admire an actor who only does what he enjoys doing.

Honestly though now that I just re-watched all the movies, I might have been able to stand Hayden's abhorrent acting if the scripts for I,II&III had been better... as it was though, the scenes with him and Portman were not only filled with bad acting, they were also written about as well as SOPA.

Liam Neeson as Qui Gon was amazing, but I do think he was constrained by poor directing too often. You could actually see points were he was trying to take his character farther and add more to the scene, but via camera angles and probably actually off-camera direction, it seemed like he was getting constantly blocked off.

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 1 month ago #51636 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Star Wars Eps II & III
Liam is a great actor...and like all great actors he has done a turd movie...icant recall the title but he played a bit part and died early...the movie was absolutely terrible and has even been made fun of on robot chicken

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
12 years 1 month ago #51653 by Lycaenion
maybe it was just me but....i cried like a baby when Jinn died.it was more of angry tear then anything...now i just swear at the tv like it wronged me.Speaking of injustices,Darth Mal survived being CUT in TWO!!!what is that?......WHY!...on a diffrent note you all should see "The Grey" it deals with life and death and one meets death.some people loved it some hate it but me personaly really like what it delt with.

MTFBWY
IDIC

Qui Gon

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi